Babies and sea sickness

We plan on taking our first cruise with our baby boy in March, he'll be 1yr.  My wife has worn the patch previously and has been fine, and I don't get sea sick, so we're wondering how the baby will do.  Has anyone had experience with a sea sick baby?  Just wondering if we should bring something in case he starts feeling it.  I hope that made sense.

49 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

We plan on taking our first cruise with our baby boy in March, he'll be 1yr.  My wife has worn the patch previously and has been fine, and I don't get sea sick, so we're wondering how the baby will do.  Has anyone had experience with a sea sick baby?  Just wondering if we should bring something in case he starts feeling it.  I hope that made sense.

Which cruise ship and itinerary? The Oasis and higher class ships are very large and handle rough water pretty well.

How old? We've traveled with both of our kids when they were as young as 6 months. Most medicine is not safe for kids under a certain age. I also seem to recall toddlers are less susceptible to motion sickness because of their own lack of motor skills (or at least I thought that's what I heard from my wife or doctor).

• 2 weeks later...

My son had been on 17 cruises, and on some rough sailings, without any problems. I find a midship cabin helps, though. Also, as stated, infants are less susceptible to motion sickness. I'd also about any type of meds and might go there homeopathic route. All you're pediatrician about ginger and green apples, perhaps pureed if needed.