Utopia... A new alternative with an Oasis connection (thoughts?)

When Utopia was officially announced, I was happy to see this option. I want to sail on a newer ship but want to have the opportunity of a shorter cruise at times. So, I signed up for one for 2025. Thank you, RC. Let's all watch as Utopia rolls out in the summer of 2024. Share thoughts (be kind even if you don't like the idea 🙂).  Be blessed, Rita

We were waiting with great anticipation for the schedule release and was shocked when they rolled out the 3 & 4 day cruises! We're booked in September of 2024 and are excited to see her. We will have our 1st Oasis experience in November 2023 on OOTS so it'll be super cool to go from the 1st to the newest. 

I was looking forward to it (had a cabin on hold for the inaugural and also a March sailing) until the inflated prices came out. Just couldn't pay more per day for Utopia over Wonder since they're nearly identical and we almost never take short cruises (we would have done a B2B on Utopia). Happy to have the pair at PC though even though I won't be sailing Utopia until/unless the prices are lower.

I understand why they are doing shorter Utopia cruises, and the reason behind it.  Which I think is great.   Personally I rarely go on cruises less than about 10 days.  Usually I do 7 night cruises back-to-back.  We are retired and have to fly to cruises, so 7 nights are just too short for us.  Hopefully at some point Utopia will do longer sailings.  If not, that is ok with me.  We have lots of ships to choose from. We will be on Wonder in October for 2 weeks and have Icon booked for 2 weeks next year.  Anxious to see the new ships!  Happy sailing everyone.

@Linda RYou will love Wonder of the Seas.  We sailed on her in February this year.  Not sure how much research you have done but stop at Playmakers as they have old style arcade games and pool that is free.  We didn't get anything to eat or drink and they were never very busy.  You must go to the Ice Show and when you go to the main theater sit on the lower level, not going to spoil the show but I would sit lower level towards the back rows.

33 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

We didn't get anything to eat or drink

Great food (burgers, garlic parm fries, onion rings... others like the wings).

Also two of my favorite drinks... Goal Post Margarita (jalapeno pineapple) and The Pitch (a modified Long Island).

35 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

You must go to the Ice Show

Probably my favorite of all the ice shows I've seen.