Odyssey Of The Seas Cabin TV

Hi all, 

I am travelling on the Odyssey of the seas in September and I was wondering if anyone who has travelled on this vessel before knows much about the TV's. I know some of the newer ships you can cast to the TV or you can take a stick and remote with you to change it to that to watch films.

I am just trying to figure out what I need to take with me to watch any movies at night for quiet time without having to pay for internet. 

Thanks in advance. 

You can definitely cast to the Odyssey TVs.  I have streamed Netflix to it from phone in the past and it generally works well.  I am not sure if you can use fire sticks or not; nor am I sure if you can do any of it without paying for ship wifi.

13 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

You cannot watch anything that streams without wifi purchased through the ship. Unless you are a millionaire and will pay to use cellular at sea. The TV channels are free.

They may be considering playing back downloaded movies. That would not need Internet and most of the streamers have some sort of download option these days.

6 hours ago, Al Miller said:

They may be considering playing back downloaded movies. That would not need Internet and most of the streamers have some sort of download option these days.

I thought of that but to cast requires internet, whereas connecting a cable, with already downloaded material, would not. 

On 8/6/2023 at 8:25 AM, smokeybandit said:

Casting just requires two devices to be on the same wifi network

Depends on the type of cast tech being used. Miracast, which is what most of the TV's I've dealt with use, does not require either device to be on a Wifi network. ( https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/miracast )It uses the old Wi-Di tech that Microsoft bought from intel. It's currently baked into windows 10 onward and most android devices support it in a limited capacity. I cant speak to Apple devices.