Uber/Lyft Galveston

I need some advice regarding transportation to the Galveston cruise terminal.  I currently have a private car reserved based on a recommendation from Galveston Saltwater Moms.  Saltwater Moms no longer take groups more than 5 people.  They recommended a former driver of theirs and I reserved their services months ago.  Anyway, they want to drop us off at the cruise terminal at 9:30am.  I feel like that's too early.  Our check in time is 11am, with the first group, and we are staying in suites.  I have gone back to ask again about dropping us off closer to 10 or 10:30..  They are scheduled to pick us up from the there for disembarkation too.  

All that said, how reliable is uber and lyft now that uber is able to drop off and pick up at cruise terminal in Galveston?  We are staying 20 min away in Texas City if that makes any difference.  I am tempted to drop them for pick up services.  They do not communicate very well.  

Are Uber and Lyft reliable for pick up to the pier now?

We did a cruise in April and had no trouble with Lyft.  At that time Uber was not allowed to enter the port.  They would drop you off just outside the port.  I did the pre-book of Lyft because it was Easter Weekend and Easter when we went home.  Our hotel was at the Houston airport and the Lyft ride was $100 from the Bush Airport Hotel to the cruise port.  They picked us up at the scheduled time and had us at the cruise terminal before I expected.  When I go back to Galveston to cruise, I will use Lyft again.

I heard the problems are more with local travel from nearby hotels near the port.  Lyft/Uber drivers were cancelling rides because they didn't want the short fares.  Houston to Galveston is an easy decision for a uber/lyft driver LOL.  Maybe Texas City to the port is an easy decision too.  

2 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

11am boarding time = 10:15am letting you in the building. You'll be in a shaded area waiting outside prior to that. Seriously, drop off at 9:30am is fine - we were dropped off at 9am and it was fine!

Okay, good to know.  I was worried being there too early.