Alaska Cruise - What to bring (clothing-wise)

Hello folks, heading to the "Last Frontier" in a few weeks. Technically we're on a Celebrity ship, but my question isn't really pertaining to the ship (I've been on a few Celebrity ships before) and I figured the RC section has more traffic and might merit a response quicker.

So, long story short, we're flying into Seattle, then taking the train to Vancouver where we disembark. Granted it's August, but have never been to Alaska. Was wondering what to bring? On one hand I don't want to overreact and bring gloves, coats, etc. but on the other I don't want to have at least something warm. Figure several of you reading this have done an Alaskan cruise in the Summer, so open to your ideas/past experiences. I'd just planned to bring maybe a pullover or two, a raincoat and maybe a lightweight sweater or two for my "cold weather" gear. Yay/Nay?

Thank you for any assistance you all can offer. And I'm sure if I forget anything, the lovely folks on board will be more than happy to sell me a sweatshirt, etc.

1 hour ago, foulmouthedleon said:

Hello folks, heading to the "Last Frontier" in a few weeks. Technically we're on a Celebrity ship, but my question isn't really pertaining to the ship (I've been on a few Celebrity ships before) and I figured the RC section has more traffic and might merit a response quicker.

Maybe start here... Jenna posted this last week:

Alaska cruise packing list: What to pack for your sailing | Royal Caribbean Blog

What I wore for our cruise in the month of June

Day one:  travel day/sail away--comfortable dress pant/blouse/warm sweater for plane

Day two:  sea day--70° sunny--leggings/tunic top

Day three:  Ketchikan--51° cold & rainy--water resistant pant/long sleeved top/fleece jacket/rain coat/Sperry boots. Also hat and gloves on our excursion

Day four:  Juneau--57° cloudy--jeans/long sleeved top/fleece jacket/rain coat (for the wind)

Day five:  Skagway--64° sunny--same jeans/t shirt/fleece jacket (did get a bit warm)

Day six:  Glacier Bay--48° sunny--same jeans/t shirt+long sleeve top/fleece jacket (warm in the sun but wind was cool)

Day seven:  sea day--50° partly sunny--jeans/top/sweater

Day eight:  travel day--same dress pant as day one/top/sweater