Adventure of the Seas - June 1, 2024 - June 7, 2023 (6 Night Caribbean & Perfect Day)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Valentines savings are out there. I just cancelled and rebooked most of our excursions at a lower price. Wouldn’t normally spend/do as much but it’s 25 years. 

Getting so excited for our first cruise. Bought my husband some cool swim trunks on sale. 

Figured this is the place to share me excitement!

On 2/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, Butters530 said:

Valentines savings are out there. I just cancelled and rebooked most of our excursions at a lower price. Wouldn’t normally spend/do as much but it’s 25 years. 

Getting so excited for our first cruise. Bought my husband some cool swim trunks on sale. 

Figured this is the place to share me excitement!

Nice!

We got our drink packages for  $69 pp right when we booked.  Also have the key, 3 night dining.  We're going to explore Puerto Plata on our own.  Splurged for a beach bed at Labadee and just going to explore Coco Cay!  Our 15 year old will be with us.  How about you guys?

We have excursions booked for Puerto Plata to discover the waterfalls. Think we are going to try jet skiing in Labadee. We rented a beach bed in Coco Cay. Our kids are older (22 & 24) so just us flying solo. We got the drink package too. A spa treatment in there. Trying lunch at Chops one day.    

Looking to have a super good time!

• 4 weeks later...

@TexanTwoStep we are sailing the week after you, I just cancelled our jet ski  excursions for the same reason. I hope beyond measure that the Island calms and peace is restored but I can't fathom Royal visiting again until there is resolution AND the stigma of the unrest has gone. I believe that may take some time. I love Labadee but having Royal hold my monies to just return later, no thanks...fingers crossed the Island heals soon.

NOTE: I just realized my sailing to Haiti is on my Adventure August 16th sailing not the 7th of June...I still cancelled.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:17 AM, Neesa said:

@TexanTwoStep we are sailing the week after you, I just cancelled out jet ski  excursions for the same reason. I hope beyond measure that the Island calms and peace is restored but I can't fathom Royal visiting again until there is resolution AND the stigma of the unrest has gone. I believe that may take some time. I love Labadee but having Royal hold my monies to just return later, no thanks...fingers crossed the Island heals soon.

NOTE: I just realized my sailing to Haiti is on my Adventure August 16th sailing not the 7th of June...I still cancelled.

Honestly, it's probably for the best!  I hate that I cancelled my day bed at Labadee because I basically stole it (Got it for less than $200...).  If we do happen to go to Labadee, I'm sure the prices will spike.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, last_rule said:

Hi all first cruise ever! My wife and and with our 4 kids are super excited. Any advice for large families other than to be courteous of others? Lol

Hopefully you have 2-3 rooms, because the rooms are very small!  The main answer you'll get from this is to just be a parent to your kids.  If they're being rowdy/disruptive, do something, especially if you're at a large event like dinner or a show.

We will be cruising with our 15 year old and my rules to him are:

1. Don't be an ass to anyone for any reason.  Full stop.  He's a good kid and already does this anyway.

2. Don't go into anyone's stateroom or any deck that are staterooms only for any reason. 

3. No running/horseplaying on deck or in public areas.

4. No drinking/drugs

5. Don't fall off the ship. 

6. Be in the room 15 minutes prior to curfew (early is on time, on time is late).

He's of the age now to where I feel comfortable with him "doing his own thing", but we have multiple check ins a day (usually 6) and also do a lot of activities together.