Solo Travel - Excursion or Exploring in Nassau

sailaway_jason

Hey everyone! I am going on my third solo cruise in September and it arrives in Nassau again. The first time I stayed on the ship and the second time I did the food tour (mainly to get rum 😁 but I highly recommend it as well. It's sold out or I don't think I would be posting haha!). This time I am going back and fourth on what to do. I have been debating Blue Lagoon or Pearl Island, but I am not loving either option honestly as the day before I will be at the Coco Beach Club and nothing can top that.

My question is would it be best to not do any excursion and just explore Nassau or go the route of Pearl Island or Blue Lagoon? I don't think I would question it if I was with others, but as a solo traveler, is it wise/safe to explore Nassau out on my own? Any suggestions or thoughts would be helpful! For reference, we are in Port Canaveral a few days earlier and I am planning on staying on the ship during that port day so I do want to get off in Nassau in some capacity.