Sold out

BHB

What resolution are you looking for that you think Royal can provide?  Royal contracts with vendors for a certain number of spots on their excursions.  People can and do cancel all the time but you're looking for 4 spots on a trip 2 months away.  If you're waiting for 4 spots to be open simultaneously, you're not likely to get that.  You can try buying them one spot at a time and hope you reach 4 but that may not be possible.  Royal can't magically make more spots open so calling them isn't really going to help.

You can absolutely book the trip through the same vendor (and probably half a dozen other vendor too) and likely save some money in the process.  The only difference between booking through Royal vs booking on your own is what happens if you don't make it back to the ship on time.  The ship will wait for people on Royal's excursions.  They won't wait if you book with a vendor directly.  You don't even need to be on an excursion though, if you lose track of time and miss the ship for any reason, you miss the ship.  That said, tons of people get off the ship without booking an excursion through Royal and it's pretty damn rare for someone to miss the ship.

This isn’t Royals fault. ALL excursions have capacity limits due to transportation, safety, and quality of experience. You waited WAYY too long to book this excursion. Hoping that the excursion you wanted would be available 2 months before sailing isn’t a great strategy considering many go on sale up to 18 months prior to the sail date. If you just booked this cruise, then you also did a poor job of planning there as well. In either case, you can’t expect to book excursions 60ish days before you sail and the cruise line is magically going to make anything available to you. Poor planning on your part does not constitute a customer service issue on Royal’s part.

Judging by your post, I'd like to pass on that this sight has no affiliation with Royal Caribbean corporate. It is a sight where fans of RCL can help each other out and provide advice (good or bad) . Welcome to the boards and I hope you follow the Good advice given by @Atlantix2000, @OCSC Mike and @USCG Teacher.

Yeah, your move @BHB, if this is the excursion you absolutely want, is to just book it directly with the vendor.  

I understand as a long trip like this approaches you want to be certain that all of the "t's" are crossed and "i's" are dotted.  My advice is just take a few deep breaths.  This is going to all work out and you're going to have a great trip.

Royal's customer service when not onboard the ship is never too good even in situations where they have a chance to help.  In this case, as other's have said, there is virtually nothing they can do.  Save yourself the headache and put the matter into your own hands.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

• BHB changed the title to Sold out