Dining as a Group of 15

BethGR

We have 15 in our party (3 families) and were hoping to dine near each other. I have written to the rcldining email twice concerning this request and have gotten no response. The 3  reservations are linked, I included all reservation #s and put the ship & dates in the subject line. Nada.

ALSO complicating things: Initially all 3 families were set for the 5:30 dining time but one family had an issue (long story) that must have bumped them off of that 5:30 time. At this point, they are looking at reserved MTD of 8:15pm most nights. Unfortunately, my friend is a diabetic, which is another reason we hoped to eat early, so she can equally space meals. (Tho I know she can always snack as needed.)

My plan is to go to the MDR once we board (Monday) and ask if any accommodations can be made. For this other family to dine at 5:30 and near us, if possible.

Any other wisdom or recommendations?

Also, hearty THANK YOU to all on these boards. You've been SO helpful in providing so much information in the last few months of our planning!

Beth

I have 17 people with 7 reservation numbers and also sent emails to the dining room email.  I first received an auto reply saying if the ship name and sail date are not noted on the subject line (they were not because I did not know this had to done) they will not answer.  Sooo I resent with the necessary information on the subject line and again received that same auto reply!  Ughhh so frustrating.

We all have 7:30p MDR seating so all I am asking for is for all of us to sit together at 2 tables.  I actually copied my contact in the executive office so am hoping he will intervene..  We’ll see.  My cruise is 17 days away.

Wow.  When I used a travel agent and traveled with 22 people on Adventure we were all seated at adjacent tables. When we traveled as a group of 18 on Anthem they put us at one long table, in Chic. I imagine the travel agent put notes with the reservation #’s cross referenced on out bookings.

note: linking reservations in the app is not the same as having them done on the booking confirmation , that’s what I was told by a dining room manager when they had my mother-in-law, who was on a different reservation but linked in the app, booked in a different dining room than me. 

• 3 weeks later...

When we needed to link a group on our last cruise, nine people, we linked the reservations before hand, but they didn’t link the tables as requested. So the first night took an extra 20 minutes or so to get that sorted, and then every night after that we ate at the same table.