Beach Bed Number of Guests

Thanks for all of the shared information on this blog, it's been really helpful.

Question about the beach beds on Coco Cay. They list a maximum of 4 people. If we book one, can another cabin we're traveling with also use it, as long as there are no more than 4 people at one time (similar to what I've read about Casitas)? Or can only 4 people use it for the whole day?

TIA for any insights.

Renting the beach bed gives you the bed plus two loungers right in front. How you decide to allocate that space is up to you. I’ve rented a bed under my name and cabin number, and I sail solo.
I invited friends from other cabins to join me. We were a total of four. The cooler has four bottles of water…we added some more. Nobody questioned anything about who was using the bed/loungers. If I, the renter, was okay with it…so were the people at the check-in stand. 
I think if I rotated friends from other cabins in and out at different times, there would be no problem as long as we did not exceed four…and as long as I (the renter) was there.

17 hours ago, twangster said:

Beach beds don't have a lot of real estate associated with them.  In some cases there is no space for more than four to hang out without overflowing into the space of another beach bed.  Would you want a large party in the beach bed next door occupying your beach bed space?

Reminds me of when hubby snd I sat through a timeshare spiel ages ago (for free Disney tickets) and the salesman says “oh you’re from NY, well these 2 bedroom units can easily hold 16 people and no one will say anything”.  😮 I couldn’t imagine cramming so many people into one place but I most definitely wouldn’t want to leave NY to be in a unit surrounded by large groups on all sides!  🤣

I am not sure about beach beds, but in my previous experience with cabanas, each person gets an arm band when you arrive so that staff is aware of who is able to access the cabana. We haven't had a cabana recently, so this may have changed. If you get arm bands for beach beds too, this could pose a problem. We have a beach bed reserved for out next cruise (cabanas have become WAY too expensive), but have never had one before. Enjoy your cruise!