Shore Excursion Question

Cassandra C

Hello! 

I'm going on a 8 night southern caribbean cruise in July. I've booked shore excursions in each port and I have a question regarding the travel. If the shore excursion picks you up at the port, will they also bring you back? Or do you need to get a different ride back? 

Thank you in advanced for all the answers! 

12 minutes ago, Cassandra C said:

If the shore excursion picks you up at the port, will they also bring you back?

Most of them include transportation back. The excursion description will usually state otherwise if you have to find your own way back. Sometimes there is the option to stay longer if you are willing to find your own way back.

I've not seen any excursion that doesn't have it baked in to the cost to drop you off wherever they pick you up. BUT there may be an option to stay longer where they stop (a beach, downtown etc), at which point I would just say make sure the driver knows but then you have essentially waived the built-in return trip and are responsible for getting back on your own.

Also, if you book a Royal excursion they guarantee you will get back before departure.  If not they hold the ship (if not too late) or get you to the ship/next port another way.  A friend was brought out on a boat to catch the ship that had left port because they were late and the ship left.  They boarded as it moved.  Peace of mind!