Cruise Planner Advice and Confusion-Puerto Plata or San Juan

Va4fam

Looking at the itinerary for our cruise in 2024 (Anthem 1/18), the first port is San Juan.

BUT.....take a look at the shore excursions that day and many of them are for Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata).   Is this for real, or another intern mistake?

The other two trips on Anthem have stops in Puerto Plata, but this sailing goes to San Juan instead.

Advice needed for good excursions in St. Kitts and St. Lucia.   We enjoy hiking, biking, beaches, snorkeling, atvs, etc.   Has anyone done the volcano hike in St. Kitts?

On 6/7/2023 at 9:12 PM, Va4fam said:

Looking at the itinerary for our cruise in 2024 (Anthem 1/18), the first port is San Juan.

BUT.....take a look at the shore excursions that day and many of them are for Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata).   Is this for real, or another intern mistake?

The other two trips on Anthem have stops in Puerto Plata, but this sailing goes to San Juan instead.

Advice needed for good excursions in St. Kitts and St. Lucia.   We enjoy hiking, biking, beaches, snorkeling, atvs, etc.   Has anyone done the volcano hike in St. Kitts?

We saw major excursion errors in our Med cruise last year.  Early on there was a different port, and we had trouble schedule excursions on a couple of days.  After a few months it was fixed.  Unless your TA or Royal has informed you of an itinerary change, I wouldn't believe the Cruise Planner.    Sorry I can't help with St. Kitts and St. Lucia, but you might try watching some online videos about them.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:12 AM, Va4fam said:

Loved Saint Lucia. One of my all-time favourite cruise stops and I am determined to get back there one day.

We did the full day tour with Cosol tours and thoroughly enjoyed it. They do pack a lot into it so it can seem a bit rushed at times but we definitely thought it was worth it.

I'm not entirely sure it will fit your bill but you can certainly check them out here: https://www.cosol-tours.com/our-tours/

Thank you for the St. Lucia tips @FionaMG....and the reassurance @ChessE4......it's strange that they list San Juan and DR excursions for the same day.

I will reach out to the TA to see if we can get any clarity on if there has been an itinerary change to DR instead of San Juan.   

DR is great but have never been to San Juan.

We also did the Cosol tour in st Lucia. I have a post about it and our st kitts excursion in my vision of the seas live blog earlier this year here in this forum. The tour itself is good and involves a lot, but there isn’t much snorkel time if that’s what you love. There’s about 3 hours of driving with constant hair pin turns and myself and two of my kids were quite car sick. My mother in law went to st Lucia afterward and did an excursion that took her straight to sugar beach on a boat, which was much faster with more snorkel time. I think I recall the name Spencer’s? Whatever you do, I highly recommend doing the volcano mud bath, not the volcano tour. It felt so amazing on my skin. It st kitts we used my island tours with Javin and he brings his monkey peaches on all the tours, I included lots of pictures in my live blog posts. I really wanted to do the volcano hike but didn’t think my young kids would make it. We hope to go back to both places for the volcano hike and to hike the pitons.  

• 2 months later...

Quick update--the confusion continues.  

For the past week, all excursions for the San Juan port day (or Puerto Plata) have gone away.   No options to choose from any more.  None.

Reached out to the Shore Excursions team and waiting for a response. 

Has this ever happened to anyone else?