Icon - Coastal Kitchen and Grove discussion

Hey Royal Caribbean Blog community, thought it might be interesting to see what people think, have heard or know about the Icon's Suite dining.  There are a few people that hear things, and some suite snobs that know the details about suite life. Would like to know what people have heard, any thoughts or roumors. about the differences or changes for Icon's suite dining and impact to the guests.  

Personally have only loosely followed the Icon's announcements, so really just started looking a little more in depth.  The addition of the Grove seemed to be one of the key changes and there doesn't seem to a lot of detail out there yet.  Also the two story CK is nice but wondering if that really expands the number of guests since a hot topic on these boards is Jr. Suite access for dinner.  

For the Grove, since there is really limited details on the internets, any news on menus, style of dining or anything really?   it seems to be similar to what we experienced on MSC's Yacht Club with outdoor dining on the suites sundeck/pool area.  What are the thoughts on Grove menu?  It is said to be Med, which might be a little harder of a concept as a counter style, so it seems more likely to be a casual sit down place.  It does seem from the pictures like it could be a little more geared towards a sit down restaurant than a grab and go or buffet type venue.  A real sit down venue requires more staffing, so wondering if that will be more like the artwork Royal has posted implies or if they made any changes.

image.thumb.png.69b0d2911712263278d666aab4396cd3.png

With Costal Kitchen doesn't seem like there will be too many surprises.  As for the cuisine, its likely that the CK menu would be along the lines of the rest of the fleet.  The big change seems to be in the layout.  Everyone is reporting that Coastal Kitchen will encompass two deck but, in reality does that increase square footage or amount of tables?  Because it has a U shape it may not actually be more usable space.  

image.png.06b4ebb91aafd954cc5501ae8c9f9ae0.png

Anyone have word on how this may impact seating.  Also any word on how the bar area will be included.  I could see dining on one level and bar/lounge on another.  Just wondering since doing a quick count, if every suite is at max capacity, Icon would have something like 25 more guest with access to CK than Symphony, which has the potential highest number of Star and Sky guest in the fleet currently.  The Max guest count for Star/Sky is 438 and adding Sea brings the total to 718.  Jr. Suites could really be left fighting for diner reservations in some circumstance.   

image.png.06d659c0f202de619274fa15ae1f7304.png  

Would love to hear anything that is confirmed about the differences or thoughts.

Very interesting discussion....but unfortunately, I don't have anything useful to add !  I am so very bad at visualization from renderings.  It is difficult for me to visualize how this is all going to look and flow.

Truly, I have heard nothing regarding menu(s) or how the addition of the Grove is going to affect the suite area, but I believe that the additional options for dining will only help...so long as they have staff to cover all of the areas.  I don't know if Royal is saving the "big reveals" for the suite neighborhood until last for a reason or if it is just less important to them than all of the family-oriented options....but very little has been released as far as I can tell.

I can't wait until 12-7-24 when we will be Star Class on Icon !!  This is the only SC booking I have and it will probably be the last one for a while, but I can't imagine a better way to make sure we get to experience everything...so I'm really looking forward to it.

PS.  From the renderings, it appears that the Grove area is going to be a lot of unshaded areas.  You will not find me there, if that is the case !

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I don't have any information on the Grove. All I have seen is what you have mentioned. However, we are in star class in January, and like others, it will be the last SC for a while, so hoping to be able to check it out. I thought it would be something like the Solarium Bistro (just table service rather than buffet) since the SB only seems to speak of lunch.

What's the family suite in your chart?