Extra requirements/paperwork taking niece and nephew off ship in Juneau separately from parents

While in Juneau my brother and sister in law will be doing their own excursion for the day and we are wanting to take the kids off the ship to see the glacier and gold belt tram (not booked through royal). We share the same last names but they're in a different room than us. I'm not sure how strict Royal is with taking kids off with someone other than their parents and don't want to end up having to leave my niece and nephew behind to get off the ship. Not sure if we have to go to guest services etc. We also have linked reservations online and in the app but we did not book at the same time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

6 hours ago, Emily Ann H said:

I guess it wouldn’t hurt to double check with guest services just in case.

Best case scenario, you double check with guest services before and find out you really did not have to.

Worst case scenario, you try to go to shore with your niece and nephew after their parents have disembarked for the day and find out you should have checked with guest services earlier.