5 Night Dining Package - Actually Unlimited?

Hi everyone,

I have a 5 night Bermuda cruise on Libery in June. I reserved the 5 night dining package, which I figured would work like the 3 night dining package does (where each meal is a "night"), but I just saw in the text below the package on the cruise planner says the description of what is usually the unlimited dining package. Anyone have any experience with this on a 5 night sailing? I am assuming the description is likely an error, but if anyone has a different experience I'd like to know. Text from the cruise planner page below. 

Overview

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package. For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. A courtesy reservation will be made for Day 1 or 2 of your sailing. Please see Important Details and Advisements for more information.

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $34.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

This is standard boilerplate but, in your overview, the description mentioned the UDP and not a 5N.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. The name of the product is the 5 night package, but the description text is from the Unlimited. The Unlimited isn’t offered under the planner for the cruise. 

IMG_3950.png

Just now, JazzBassMan said:

Sorry. I should have been more clear. The name of the product is the 5 night package, but the description text is from the Unlimited. The Unlimited isn’t offered under the planner for the cruise. 

IMG_3950.png

The description clearly describes a different package.   "Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining package".

Technically this remains correct, if you purchase the Unlimited Dining Package.  

If you are banking on scoring the UDP from acquiring the 5 night package I think you'll be disappointed.  If you really push it they'll just cancel your package and refund your money.  Then you'll have no dining package.

On board I would expect a 5 night dining package.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The description clearly describes a different package.   "Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining package".

Technically this remains correct, if you purchase the Unlimited Dining Package.  

If you are banking on scoring the UDP from acquiring the 5 night package I think you'll be disappointed.  If you really push it they'll just cancel your package and refund your money.  Then you'll have no dining package.

On board I would expect a 5 night dining package.  

We've not yet purchased a dining package because of the limitations on reserving the times (ahead of time).  So we have no experience with this.  Can you explain "a 5 night dining package"?  

If one clicks "reserve now" under that description:

"What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days."

why couldn't one expect to receive that?

I'm just trying to figure out how to read the CP offers.  If I saw that in the app and clicked to reserve it....I'd pretty much expect to get what they wrote.  I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, but because of your experience just trying to learn how to be a wiser reader of the offers.

The thing is that 5N packages aren't the norm. 

7N sailings are the most popular, they only offer the 5N dining package on sailing at 8/9 nights or more. I think this is why the information is off. 

For example the 3N is offered on my upcoming sailing and this is what it says.

image.thumb.png.77d6a6cfed93bb98c627c246c675852f.png

If the 5N was more prevalent, it would read the same. Instead, it looks as though the boilerplate for the UDP is listed. 

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The thing is that 5N packages aren't the norm. 

7N sailings are the most popular, they only offer the 5N dining package on sailing at 8/9 nights or more. I think this is why the information is off. 

For example the 3N is offered on my upcoming sailing and this is what it says.

image.thumb.png.77d6a6cfed93bb98c627c246c675852f.png

If the 5N was more prevalent, it would read the same. Instead, it looks as though the boilerplate for the UDP is listed. 

I want to amend my post as it seems like the OP has a 5N sailing, which means it is the UDP and the CP is wording it funny. I would like to know what is the price for the 5N dining package for your Bermuda sailing? If it is close to $200 then it is probably the UDP, hence why it has all the information pertaining to it. 

Just now, PRMLVM said:

We've not yet purchased a dining package because of the limitations on reserving the times (ahead of time).  So we have no experience with this.  Can you explain "a 5 night dining package"?  

If one clicks "reserve now" under that description:

"What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days."

why couldn't one expect to receive that?

I'm just trying to figure out how to read the CP offers.  If I saw that in the app and clicked to reserve it....I'd pretty much expect to get what they wrote.  I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, but because of your experience just trying to learn how to be a wiser reader of the offers.

Which is the point.  It's an error.  You seem to understand that leading to this thread.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Which is the point.  It's an error.  You seem to understand that leading to this thread.  

oh no! Honestly didn't!  I wasn't aware there were other plans besides the unlimited, and really stopped reading up on them when I discovered that you couldn't book ahead (we are planners, and travel with others, so we "need" that).  So I was really asking about a 5-night and 3-night plan (I will look them up!).  I was legit asking as a relative newbie how to read the cruise planner options.  I really would read that "overview" and hit "reserve now" and think/expect the "what's included" terms to be real.  Twangster, I read your advice and posts here and learn from you!