My Time Dining

Hi.  My whole family is going to be on the Mariner of the Seas at the end of the month.  My father booked the cruise and we initially signed up for the late dinner seating.  He then signed us all up for My Time Dining, but only did so for three nights of the cruise.  Can we still go the the MDR on the other four nights or do we need to have him sign us up for My Time Dining for every night?

Thanks!

Is your sailing a 7N sailing? If so then you can attend the MDR for all 7N. You can do one type of dining, either traditional which is early or late seating, or MTD which is any time between 6:45 and 9pm. The difference is dining rooms. MTD is usually on deck 3 for most ships while traditional will be on deck 4 or 5. With MTD you can show up without a reservation. 

Thank you very much for your reply.  I understand the difference between the MTD and Traditional, I just don't know if you can be signed up for both since my dad only signed us up for three nights of the MTD.  The FAQ on RC's website kind of makes it seem like you can't.  So are you saying that the other four nights we can still show up for our traditional dining time?  It is an 8N sailing.  Thanks again!

37 minutes ago, krisbowls said:

Thank you very much for your reply.  I understand the difference between the MTD and Traditional, I just don't know if you can be signed up for both since my dad only signed us up for three nights of the MTD.  The FAQ on RC's website kind of makes it seem like you can't.  So are you saying that the other four nights we can still show up for our traditional dining time?  It is an 8N sailing.  Thanks again!

Technically, you cannot be signed up for both...but I have read (recently) about some limited exceptions being made.  Honestly, there isn't really any more MTD, to be honest...it's now like 3 different set times with a few "other times" thrown in.

2 hours ago, krisbowls said:

If he switched you from late traditional to MTD, then no, you can't show up for traditional.  With MTD you don't have to have reservations, you can just show up but you'll be seated whenever and wherever there is space.  MTD is conceptually like any other restaurant on land.  You either make reservations or you don't (and may need to wait for a table) but you're still doing MTD.  You can always make reservations for the other 5 nights of your sailing.  With MTD, there's no rule that you have to eat at the same time as the rest of your family.