Unlimited Dining Experts on Wonder Needed

HeatherP

We are going on Wonder this December and are going to have the Unlimited Dining Package for the very first time.  Can anyone that has done it before give me some insight?  Are there any specialty restaurants open for lunch the day we board?  I know that dining can't be booked until we get on board.  Any other tips/tricks?

18 minutes ago, HeatherP said:

Thank you!  Do you need reservations for lunch on sea days?

Yes, with specialty dining, any restaurant that requires a reservation, needs one. If Playmakers, Portside BBQ, and Johnny Rockets are on the ship, they are the only places you don't need a reservation for. Any other place you wish to dine, make all your reservation as soon as you board. If this is a holiday sailing, you said Dec, be prepared to be flexible when it comes to times. 

39 minutes ago, WesKinetic said:

There will be one specialty restaurant open for lunch. Most recently it's generally been Giovanni's, but it will either be that or Chops. Either way, when you go there, the crew members should be able to help you make your reservations for the rest of the trip. 

More than one on Wonder because of Mason Jar (technically brunch). For my June sailing it's Giovanni's Kitchen and Mason Jar.

57 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

More than one on Wonder because of Mason Jar (technically brunch). For my June sailing it's Giovanni's Kitchen and Mason Jar.

Oh, good call. I forgot about Mason Jar. And I should have said "at least one" specialty restaurant will be open. It's not common, but I have seen some cruises where both Giovanni's and Chops were open. 

Playmakers and Johnny Rockets are also generally available for lunch on embarkation day.