Royal Up / Handicap Room

Hi there - I have a handicap room booked for my upcoming cruise.  Before anyone asks, yes, I do have needs for this room as I have muscular dystrophy.

I am noticing many folks on my upcoming cruise have Royal Up offers whereas I do not.

Does anyone know if handicap rooms are eligible for Royal Up offers?  Anyone have experience in this?

My understanding is handicap accessible rooms are often sold out far in advance of standard rooms in each category.  (I will assume those that need them know to book early and I have no knowledge of whether any proof of need is required.)  Therefore, I also have to assume there is little chance of an open accessible room in a higher category.  Royal Up works more like a guarantee/"we pick your room" option where there are no requests and you could be placed anywhere within the category so bidding would mean risking the loss of your current accessible room.

My wife requires the use of a mobility scooter after having complete reconstructive surgery of her foot and we require an accessible cabin for the door sizing to get the scooter in and the accessible bathroom for her mobility constraints.  We have never been offered Royal Up when booked into an accessible room simply because the largest accessible rooms are balcony rooms which a majority of the accessible rooms fall into.  

It is because you booked through Costco. Costco does not participate in Royal Up, regardless of the type of room you have. For future reference, there is no guarantee of you being allocated a handicap accessible room, which may cause an issue. I know you mentioned that some of the larger suites would work, but if you do go that route be sure to research what the bathroom set up is. For some of them it is a shower/tub combination, and the tub is a very high stepover.