Formal Night Schedule for Alaska Cruise?

clanhill

My family will be sailing on Quantum of the Seas to Alaska on May 22.  As I was booking days and times for MTD, I didn't see any information on if or when there would be a formal night.  I can't find that information on the RCL website.  As we're not planning to pack attire for formal night, I'd simply plan on dining elsewhere on those nights.    Is that information available yet?

Many thanks,

John

Well, for sure it will be night 2 and 6. As long as you are decently dressed, you'd be fine in the MDR. No need for black tie and gowns. Look over the menus and see if you like what is being offered , if you fine something you may like enjoy.  If you are into lobster tails , night 6 will be the lobster night.  Also look at a compass closer to your sailing and see what nights are formal. BUT the wording may say "Dress to Impress" so just look your best. 

If you want to go to the Main Dining Room on formal night/dress to impress night, just go. So many people do not participate, whether because they don't want to pack extra stuff or just prefer to live casually. Most cruisers would just recommend not wearing shorts and men having shoulders covered. I hear that Alaska is even MORE casual, so do what works best for your family.

We did 10 days on land before a 7-night Alaska cruise. Even with doing laundry towards the end of the land portion, we sure as hell weren't bringing anything fancier than jeans. Plenty of people casually dressed for formal night just like the Caribbean. Don't worry about getting dressed up.