Will they let my teens eat w/o us in the MDR?

UrbanMC

There are two nights when my husband and I have specialty dining. My kids (16, 14, 10) will likely do Windjammer, but I didn't know if they could still use the MDR table if they were interested in that meal. I know all parents say this, but they are well-mannered and would be polite and respectful to the surrounding guests as well as the wait staff. 

19 hours ago, UrbanMC said:

There are two nights when my husband and I have specialty dining. My kids (16, 14, 10) will likely do Windjammer, but I didn't know if they could still use the MDR table if they were interested in that meal. I know all parents say this, but they are well-mannered and would be polite and respectful to the surrounding guests as well as the wait staff. 

Yes, they can. They are absolutely welcome to go enjoy a nice dinner together without you, in fact I thought it was pretty cool when I saw a group on younger teens\kids having dinner together one night when I was in the MDR...it was nice to see kids enjoying themselves having a good meal and talking to each other over dinner. 

6 hours ago, ScottD said:

Yes, they can. They are absolutely welcome to go enjoy a nice dinner together without you, in fact I thought it was pretty cool when I saw a group on younger teens\kids having dinner together one night when I was in the MDR...it was nice to see kids enjoying themselves having a good meal and talking to each other over dinner. 

Yup, you don't see that often anymore.  Nowadays, most of the time they are playing on their phones.