Ultimate Dining Transpacific 10/10/23

Wondering if it is really not available, or just some sort of IT or timing issue.  There are a couple of thoughts about why they simply might not offer it but, that would be a little surprising.  Maybe they would have to make deep discounts for that since the variety is less on Quantum and it is a longer sailing.  Maybe some of the changes they have planned as the ship moves to the 2024 layout for the Asia sailings has something to do with it.  Could be supply chain issues for that itinerary has an impact on numbers they think they can accommodate and they are controlling bookings.   

We are doing the Honolulu to Vancouver in a few weeks and even though they are different itineraries the UDP was available.  We are doing the 10 days and really couldn't bring ourselves to do the UDP.  The variety and the value for the cost doesn't seem to make sense.  The pay/specialty don't really see be the strongest lineup for the Quantum class for a longer cruise.  

image.thumb.png.15ecc26c9d03ad1186bdf213a6e517cc.png

We love the specialty dining and having the UDP, but it doesn't seem to make sense for our sailing.  We did Star class on Ovation for 12 nights a few years ago and things started to get a little repetitive even with doing a few dinners in CK.   

10 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Wondering if it is really not available, or just some sort of IT or timing issue.  There are a couple of thoughts about why they simply might not offer it but, that would be a little surprising.  Maybe they would have to make deep discounts for that since the variety is less on Quantum and it is a longer sailing.  Maybe some of the changes they have planned as the ship moves to the 2024 layout for the Asia sailings has something to do with it.  Could be supply chain issues for that itinerary has an impact on numbers they think they can accommodate and they are controlling bookings.   

We are doing the Honolulu to Vancouver in a few weeks and even though they are different itineraries the UDP was available.  We are doing the 10 days and really couldn't bring ourselves to do the UDP.  The variety and the value for the cost doesn't seem to make sense.  The pay/specialty don't really see be the strongest lineup for the Quantum class for a longer cruise.  

image.thumb.png.15ecc26c9d03ad1186bdf213a6e517cc.png

We love the specialty dining and having the UDP, but it doesn't seem to make sense for our sailing.  We did Star class on Ovation for 12 nights a few years ago and things started to get a little repetitive even with doing a few dinners in CK.   

We will be on that Honolulu to Vancouver cruise. Decided to do the UDP .  But we go it cheap last year. So if we get burnt out or feel like its repetitive, I wont feel like I am not getting my moneys worth if we dont do the UDP for very possible meal.  

34 minutes ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Thanks, I have the whole fleet, this is filtered down to Quantum.  It may not be completely accurate since it was created over a year ago and I believe they might be changing one of the quick counters as she moves back to the Asia market.

I've seen you mention Quantum going back to Asia a couple of times. I may have missed something, but I thought that no itineraries for Quantum or Ovation had been released  for after her Vancouver to Hawaii trip October 2024? I know there's a rumor out there but would be interested to know what else you've heard...

Yes, rumors but I am also using the fact that the Golden Room shows on the deck plans on Royal's website.  Pretty good indication to me that this is planned.  It may not happen but there are some other minor changes on other decks if you click into the deck plan dates post April 19th, 2024. 

image.thumb.png.cfd1e47e1cfbcc5049b3b660e357ca94.png

The earlier dates are consistent with being in the US market.  The Diamond Lounge is present in both of the 2023 and late '23 - early '24 layouts that Royal is sharing.  

image.thumb.png.d106f42214008cc56e4f10b2c03f70cf.png

If that was one of the other deck plan websites, might be more questionable.  Since it is Royal, seems more plausible.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/quantum-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2225/04