Pre-Book Specialty - 3 night on Harmony?

Is there a way to pre-book my 3-night specialty before boarding?  Based on what I see, it looks like the 'advice' is to book the restaurants you want separately, pay full price & then have them convert to your 3 nights free when on board (thus generating credit for the full price payments)? 

Does this work - does it 'peeve' the team off when this happens ? TIA

21 minutes ago, Cruizer Rick said:

Is there a way to pre-book my 3-night specialty before boarding?  Based on what I see, it looks like the 'advice' is to book the restaurants you want separately, pay full price & then have them convert to your 3 nights free when on board (thus generating credit for the full price payments)? 

Does this work - does it 'peeve' the team off when this happens ? TIA

Full disclosure:  I have never used this "hack" except when directed to do so by a Genie....so I have no direct knowledge of how this works, in reality.

I am reading, however, that Royal is being very strict about their 48 hour cancellation policy....meaning that if you pre-book (and pay up front) your specialty restaurant for nights 1 or 2 and then try and get a refund once onboard, they will wave the 48 hour cancellation policy at you and maybe not refund your prepaid booking.  If your prepaid specialty is night 3 or later then you shouldn't have any issue, but again, I have never done this, so I truly do not know.

It seems that this "hack" may have come to the head office's attention and they may be trying to stop it from happening....but I have no direct experience - good or bad - from which to justify my hypothesis.

Other than the hack, there is no way to prebook a dining package other than through a Genie. It’s the offset you have for such a large discount as opposed to buying each reservation separately. The only restaurant that may be any issue getting a reservation to will be Izumi Hibachi due to very limited seatings. The others will be no issues booking as long as you do not have a super specific day and time in mind for each restaurant. Just make booking dining reservations as your #1 priority when you board! Good Luck.

I have known a few people who had to eat night one's cost because of the cancelation policy. For a while people had a good run of being able to do this. The trade-off for getting the deal is you have to wait to book onboard. 

I also think it is a crew members bane, they know that they will have so many covers when people purchase the dining packages. By doing this you are taking away another paid reservation and holding two spots. When you cancel to honor the discounted package, you are messing with the venues revenue by holding another paid spot they could have sold.