Cozumel Cavern and Cenote Swim Combo

Obelisk

Me and my parents are going on Allure of the Seas in May and my parents have gone to cenotes before and have always wanted to take me to one so they booked this shore excursion that lasts 9 hours, so I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it is worth the 9 hours, but also is the ship going to wait for us since it is scheduled to end at the same time we are supposed to be back on board? Just making sure nothing will go wrong so I can be at ease during the excursion lol, it was booked through royal caribbean.

If it was booked through Royal Caribbean, the ship is obligated to wait for you... That's the primary trade off for booking through the cruise line instead of independent.

Excursion will cost more but you will have peace of mind the ship will be there if when tour is over...Enjoy!

Edited by michaelp1446
auto correct

Sounds like it involves a ferry ride to the mainland and is not on Cozumel Island.  The transportation back and forth makes the excursion longer.  I would read the description carefully for details.  We have done excursions like the Amazing Secret River, and it is a lot of fun to get wet in a jungle or cavern area.  Don't sweat the ship, as stated above.  We were an hour late in Europe and Vision of the Seas had to wait for a couple of hundred guests on Royal Caribbean excursions.

• 3 months later...

@Wheeler825 The whole excursion you are swimming basically. When you are in the cave, the water is at least waist high for the vast majority of the time. About 2 hours in total, maybe a tad more. At the end of the cave, you are taken to this flooded cavern where you can free swim for about 20 minutes. They turn off the lights to make you realize just how dark it is. The thing to keep in mind is that this is a fully enclosed cave cenote. It’s not one of those collapsed ones that you can see from the surface that you can dive into or rope swing into. This is a cave excursion. Yes, it’s only the one cenote but it’s really 2 types of excursions in one. The cenotes that you just jump into are not nearly as cool or exciting as this one

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 2:18 PM, Ryan79 said:

I did this excursion a few months ago and it was totally worth it and highly recommend. The staff at the cenote were amazing

Was it as much walking as they say? Is it all at once or is the walking split up? Trying to figure out if my kids could do this.

There is walking inside the cave, but it’s hardly strenuous. As long as you have decent balance, that is all that matters as the surface of the cave is uneven in places. I took my kids on this and they loved it. There were other kids on the excursion with us as well. If your kids are say 8+ they will be just fine, I promise!!