xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - Aug 5, 2023 - Aug 12, 2023 (7 Nt Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 6:21 PM, Midwest 4 said:

Family of 4. Girls 11 and 8. First cruise!

Meant to actually add a message here. My 10 year old girl and 8 year old boy would love to have new friends on Day 1. We usually go to Kids Club Day 1 to sign kids up as soon as it opens. Meet us there at opening and we can introduce the children. Not that your kids would need it (some of mine definitely did and the little one still do) but it will also put them at ease with the new club/camp environment to meet friendly children immediately. Especially, since it's their first cruise. Looking forward to it! 

On 4/28/2023 at 5:53 PM, Midwest 4 said:

They are shy but sounds good to me. Lol.

Is the kids club worth it? I’ve heard different opinions. 

The kids club is worth it for some and not for others. For the most part kids love it and while the kids enjoy the camp like atmosphere, the parents can grab some time to explore the ship together (or just relax). I have a few shy ones too so from personal experience, it definitely helps to have them know somebody who's going to be at the kids club to help them ease their way into it. Since your kids are close in age with mine, it should work out well. Looking at a Harmony Cruise Compass from March 2023, it looks like Ocean's Adventure cruise sign up begins at 10:30AM Day 1. While you can sign the kids up at anytime during the cruise we try to do it as early as possible on Day 1. With shy children the somewhat loud chaotic sign-up later on Day 1, when the kids club gets busier, can be overwhelming for the less outgoing children. 

We plan on being on the ship at 10:30AM sharp and first stop will be Ocean's Adventure, then the pool. Between now and then let us know when you might be at the club for sign up and we will double back there to introduce the rugrats. We'd also be more than happy to show you around the beautiful, behemoth, of entertainment and adventure that is the Harmony! 

53 minutes ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

Looking at a Harmony Cruise Compass from March 2023, it looks like Ocean's Adventure cruise sign up begins at 10:30AM Day 1. While you can sign the kids up at anytime during the cruise we try to do it as early as possible on Day 1. 

This might not be correct, looking a little closer at the cruise compass it does say that registration begins at 2pm even though the Day 1 compass says Adventure Ocean hours are from 10:30AM - 5pm. SO I'm a bit confused. We will be there at 2pm on Day 1 if that's when registration is. 

On 5/2/2023 at 11:38 AM, CruiseRoyalDad said:

This might not be correct, looking a little closer at the cruise compass it does say that registration begins at 2pm even though the Day 1 compass says Adventure Ocean hours are from 10:30AM - 5pm. SO I'm a bit confused. We will be there at 2pm on Day 1 if that's when registration is. 

Most likely, it's open at 10:30 for back to back cruisers or something (could also be a classic Royal typo). But given that check-in to get on the ship itself probably won't be until 11 AM, 2 makes sense. Gives time for people to actually get on the ship, and the staff to clean and reset and do all the normal turn-around day things.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Most likely, it's open at 10:30 for back to back cruisers or something (could also be a classic Royal typo). But given that check-in to get on the ship itself probably won't be until 11 AM, 2 makes sense. Gives time for people to actually get on the ship, and the staff to clean and reset and do all the normal turn-around day things.

This makes perfect sense. It's always been a 2pm check in before. On another note what does everybody usually do for sail away?

• 1 month later...

St Thomas: Megan’s Bay is big and has a smooth sandy bottom most places, and I think most people will likely go there. There is a small restaurant and medium size bar. Good food.

Ocean World is small but nice. Though you would want to check hours and how long of a taxi ride. Taxis are per person also.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:10 PM, Almost retired said:

We have been on about 12 cruides, but first time on Oasis Class ship for me and my husband, we are older couple in our 60s. Looking forward with so much to do, but little overwhelming with size of ship and number of passengers.

Don't try to do everything. Pick a few activities to set as priority and make as you go decisions later on. You won't be able to see or do everything within 2 weeks much less one week. Looking forward to meeting you!

19 hours ago, Erin A said:

Is the additional dining option worth it? Traveling with husband and 2 children (17 & 20) plus their friends. 

It's a nice add-on and on an Oasis class ship places like 150 Central Park or Chops Grille can be really nice elevated experiences. I do think it's worth it if you are already interested, but the MDR has an elevated feel as well. I wouldn't say get a dining package, but splurging on one while you're on board is nice.

19 hours ago, Erin A said:

How do you book in check in?

You need the app to do check in. Once you have it, open the app and put in your sail information. It will pull up a screen with the ship and a lot of icons along the bottom. Scroll left to right to find the "check in" button (I think it's purple) and click that. You can select your boarding time without inputting the rest of the information (passport, emergency contact, credit card). Boarding Time is the second option under each person's name. Any one person on a reservation can check-in all parties.

• 2 weeks later...

Entertainment reservations are open! Just booked ours and glad for it because so many of them conflicted with our selected my time dining reservation! Was able to snag good time for everything!

also for planning help the show run times per a Jun 2023 cruise planner are:

• 1887 (the ice show) - 45 minutes
  • Fine line (aqua show) - 45 minutes
  • Grease (main theater) - 90 minutes
  • Columbus (main theater) - 90 minutes

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Harmony of the Seas - Aug 5, 2023 - Aug 12, 2023 (7 Nt Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)