Is Formal Dining Room Required

jeoinva

🙂  You can go to the Main Dining Room in something less than formal and you won't have any problem.  You would also be welcome to dine at the buffet if you choose.

It's not like the old days where everyone is Black Tie.  I think just wear what you want and you will see that you don't really stand out.

You get the main dining room for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for free.  Some of the nights are Formal Nights.  Formal used to be very fancy, and you felt out of place if you were not dressed up.  Now they are not as formal.  There are still people and families that still dress up and take lots of pictures.  On the Formal nights I leave my blue jeans at the cabin and wear my dockers and polo shirt.  

Some Advice:  Do not eat all your meals at the Buffett.  I hear and see people doing that and I feel bad for them.  The buffet is OK but there is much better food for free around the ship.

The Main Dining Room (assuming that's what you mean by formal) does not require formal dress. Anything but swim clothes is exceptable. Slacks, jeans, polo shirts, nice shorts, etc. Just not gym shorts. Nice new tan pair etc. All fine. Also, you can take it up to fancy if you want as well. For Caribbean cruises polo shirts and shorts etc are very much acceptable. Jeans, slacks, etc also. Just nothing wet or gym clothes.

There's also other casual quick-eat options besides Main Dining Room and Windjammer Buffet. On Liberty, there's Sorrento's (pizza) and Cafe Promenade (sandwiches and small plate stuff, including sweets). Room service is also an option with a $7.95 charge per order (you can order as many items as you want but each order is $7.95 + gratuity). I actually find it easier to just load up a plate from Windjammer and take it back to the room (if Windjammer is still open that is).