Port Canaveral Terminal 1

jlf21

Sailing on the Oasis in September from NJ/NY and our first port is Port Canaveral. We are traveling with children (1 in a power wheelchair) so we wanted/hoping for stuff to do walking distance. I read about Grills and the beach near by terminal 1. My question is, is it safe to assume we will dock at terminal 1? Not sure if there are certain ships in RC that dock at different terminals. 

3 hours ago, jlf21 said:

Sailing on the Oasis in September from NJ/NY and our first port is Port Canaveral. We are traveling with children (1 in a power wheelchair) so we wanted/hoping for stuff to do walking distance. I reach about Grills and the beach near by terminal 1. My question is, is it safe to assume we will dock at terminal 1? Not sure if there are certain ships in RC that dock at different terminals. 

We sailed Oasis out of Bayonne, but I forgot which terminal we docked at when we stopped in PC. I'm going to assume it's Cruise Terminal 1 since that's where we boarded Wonder back in January. I think that terminal is the only one that can accommodate Oasis-class ships. Yes, Grills is literally a stone's throw from the ship if you dock at terminal 1.

View from the aft of Wonder next to the Ultimate Abyss looking down at Grills (green roof buildings) docked in Terminal 1 before sail away...

image.thumb.jpeg.2a3d7c46a67933b84488bb6c5930816f.jpeg

Independence at Terminal 1 the day before we set sail on Wonder...

1F1F680D-E418-4363-904B-814609873DF6.thumb.jpeg.283500589348081dc1517a34ab0dbe63.jpeg

Terminal 1 from the road...

2160B58C-FB17-4B74-A76C-0D43F02C6AFA.thumb.jpeg.5648920a1b43656686c104f2d633cb9c.jpeg

between the ship and Grills there is Sea Turtle Preservation Society - Port Kiosk. It's a nice little shop  Another place to go (it is in walking distance) is the Exploration tower. It is closed at the present time for maintenance. but should be open in the spring.