Internet on ship and tv

Wanda

I've use my phone just to use Facebook,  email,  watch movies,  chat,  call... but on a cruise is it that important?  If I don't purchase the Voom internet,  will I regret it?  Why would you need it in ship? I am just trying to find out if it's worth buying or just pay the chat $1.99 a day to communicate with the family in ship or get internet. 

ALSO, Do the TVs have movies and channels? Or do I need my phone/ internet to watch a movie? 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Wanda said:

I've use my phone just to use Facebook,  email,  watch movies,  chat,  call... but on a cruise is it that important?  If I don't purchase the Voom internet,  will I regret it?  Why would you need it in ship? I am just trying to find out if it's worth buying or just pay the chat $1.99 a day to communicate with the family in ship or get internet. 

ALSO, Do the TVs have movies and channels? Or do I need my phone/ internet to watch a movie? 

Thanks

Chat is free now, and you can use that and the app without purchased internet. The Tv only has a few channels, mostly sports and a few random movie and tv shows that will repeat. Most of the tv channels are in house, like a map of your location, a list of events, the cruise planner daily show to tell you about activities and a channel about excursions available.   If you feel you don't need the internet, then don't get it. We didn't think we would but we have an 11 year old, but we realized it would be pretty hard to NOT have it with a kid. He was able to watch his youtube channels or even video chat with his friends while we got ready for our evenings, or while we were relaxing in the room. Even meals get a bit long and boring so he was able to watch why we took our time and finished meals. 

Buying the internet package is entirely up to you and if you feel you do not need it, don't. I need it for my "workcations" that the wife and I do now since she is retired and 95% of our office is now operating remote. Makes the monthly cruises easier to justify and the boss does not mind at all since the work gets done. Plus having conference calls while looking out at the ocean or at an amazing port of call is a real treat.