18 year old Son with Autism

My oldest son has autism and will be turning 18 two weeks before our cruise. We didn't think he would need any accommodations on our cruise but we are realizing that he is going to want to stay close to our 16 year old son and participate in the same teenage activities that our 16 year old does. Do you think that Royal will allow him in the Teens clubs and to participate in the teen activities?

Thanks!

I am so sorry, but once you turn 18 you no longer have access to the youth programs. The legal liability for having an adult in with minors is too great. There are lots of things to do on the ship that are open to everyone for your kids to enjoy. Things like game shows, karaoke, basketball, rock climbing to name a few. 

The good news is that Royal Caribbean does a GREAT job accommodating cruisers and families living with autism; they even have a specific program for it - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/autism-friendly-ships

However, as others have mentioned, those 18 and older do not have access to teen areas. 

• 10 months later...

I was looking for a topic like this.  My son is 18 and autistic and will be sailing with us for our first Royal cruise to the Bahamas.

I am more worried about lines for attractions.  Like when we are in Disneyland say the line is 45 minutes, we get a return time to come back (we walk around do something else) then come back and get directly on the ride.  It kind of saves your space in line.  Does Royal have anything like this?  The only thing the guy on the phone told me is priority de-embarkation at ports as well as priority embarkation (which is good because our flight comes in at 6am and we need to get on the ship ASAP lol.

I totally understand what the OP was saying.  Though my son is 18 he is very much younger maturity wise.  I understand why Royal has to do it.....it's just a bummer.  He really wanted to do the science lab as he loves science but there is an age cap on that.  Adult things (trivia, karaoke, dancing in a large loud club) do NOT interst him.  He also doesn't know how to swim.