Air2Sea - Paying with Final Payment Questions

WannaCruise

We booked Air2Sea for the first time for our Dec cruise as we have a few uncertainties due to our son in university for the first time (i.e. his schedule and school isn't known at this point).  

I obviously confirmed with the agent but sometimes you get different answers so just verifying others experience.  

We plan on paying closer to our final payment later in the year.

1. The cruise fare that we booked at is locked in, right?  If it goes up, we still get our booked price.
  2. When doing a mock booking, the flight cost shows as refundable, which means if we cancel before final payment, we are charged $0, right? My only doubt is that email states "Ar1Sea Cancellation Charges" and it has a value per person.  I didn't notice this at booking but I called back to confirm and that agent said that is the charge if we cancel after final payment.  
  3. Anyone used Air2Sea with WestJet flights?  The person said we need to call them to see if we can book seats now or need to wait until we pay. Any experience?
  4. I remember @twangstersaying in another post to ensure our booking names match our passport matches. I did ask about this and they said it doesn't matter for domestic, which also includes flying from Canada to USA.  So our cruise booking doesn't have our middle names where our Air2Sea does (matches passport). Not sure if anyone has experience as the agent didn't want to change our cruise booking (or said he couldn't).

Thanks.

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

The cruise fare that we booked at is locked in, right?  If it goes up, we still get our booked price.

Yes, Air2Sea reservations do not affect cruise fare. I have adjusted my Air2Sea price many times without the cruise fare being touched (and vice versa). The only link between the two is that on your booking confirmation, it shows up as a charge.

When doing a mock booking, the flight cost shows as refundable, which means if we cancel before final payment, we are charged $0, right?

Also yes. Just recently for our August LB cruise, I booked through Air2Sea both ways. But then I realized I still a little Delta e-credits that I still had to use up. I called back Air2Sea, cancelled and rebooked as one way only. No fee.

Anyone used Air2Sea with WestJet flights? 

No, but I did at one point use them for Air Canada. This was for Norway when we thought we wanted to fly out of Toronto. Anyway, for AC, they wouldn't let us pick seats because the booking was "not ticketed". I had to actually call AC directly and after some back and forth, they let me pick my seats. But it wasn't easy. It took some time on the phone. In the end, it was wasted because we ended up cancelling and booking with Delta out of DTW instead.

Not sure if anyone has experience as the agent didn't want to change our cruise booking (or said he couldn't).

That is likely true. While Air2Sea are linked, they (Air2Sea) cannot make changes to your cruise booking. You would have to call back your TA or Royal to do that. 

I remember @twangstersaying in another post to ensure our booking names match our passport matches. I did ask about this and they said it doesn't matter for domestic, which also includes flying from Canada to USA.  So our cruise booking doesn't have our middle names where our Air2Sea does (matches passport). Not sure if anyone has experience as the agent didn't want to change our cruise booking (or said he couldn't).

The flight information has to match your passport.  I don't think they were talking about flight matching your cruise paperwork.  I make sure both flight and cruise match my passport.  Once the flight did not and it was a very big hassle at the airport.  they had to make call after call to get it changed to match our ID.  To fix your flight name call Air2Sea and to change your cruise call your TA or RCL if you booked direct.  

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, Air2Sea reservations do not affect cruise fare. I have adjusted my Air2Sea price many times without the cruise fare being touched (and vice versa). The only link between the two is that on your booking confirmation, it shows up as a charge.

Also yes. Just recently for our August LB cruise, I booked through Air2Sea both ways. But then I realized I still a little Delta e-credits that I still had to use up. I called back Air2Sea, cancelled and rebooked as one way only. No fee.

No, but I did at one point use them for Air Canada. This was for Norway when we thought we wanted to fly out of Toronto. Anyway, for AC, they wouldn't let us pick seats because the booking was "not ticketed". I had to actually call AC directly and after some back and forth, they let me pick my seats. But it wasn't easy. It took some time on the phone. In the end, it was wasted because we ended up cancelling and booking with Delta out of DTW instead.

That is likely true. While Air2Sea are linked, they (Air2Sea) cannot make changes to your cruise booking. You would have to call back your TA or Royal to do that. 

Thank you!  My bad as I used the wrong word in my first question...

Mean to ask:  The flight cost that we booked at is locked in, right?  If it goes up, we still get our booked price.

Good to hear.  Sounds like when you cancelled/changed your flights, there was no cost (before final payment).  Do you remember if the email when you booked also had a line for "Ar1Sea Cancellation Charges" with an amount for each person?

40 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

The flight information has to match your passport.  I don't think they were talking about flight matching your cruise paperwork.  I make sure both flight and cruise match my passport.  Once the flight did not and it was a very big hassle at the airport.  they had to make call after call to get it changed to match our ID.  To fix your flight name call Air2Sea and to change your cruise call your TA or RCL if you booked direct.  

Thank you!  That makes sense.  We did use our middle names when booking the flight with Air2Sea, which matches our passport so sounds like we are good.

Mean to ask:  The flight cost that we booked at is locked in, right?  If it goes up, we still get our booked price.

Yes, the price you booked is locked unless you make changes to it. Just like the cruise fare. If you make changes, you pay prevailing rates. The one thing I don't know is what happens if you cancel one person on the reservation before final. When I re-price Air2Sea for a lower rate, they always cancel the entire thing and re-book it. I think that is the way they do things. If you just cancel one person (like your son), I don't know how they process that.

Or did you mean in your original post that you would cancel the whole thing if the university schedule doesn't work out?

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, the price you booked is locked unless you make changes to it. Just like the cruise fare. If you make changes, you pay prevailing rates. The one thing I don't know is what happens if you cancel one person on the reservation before final. When I re-price Air2Sea for a lower rate, they always cancel the entire thing and re-book it. I think that is the way they do things. If you just cancel one person (like your son), I don't know how they process that.

Or did you mean in your original post that you would cancel the whole thing if the university schedule doesn't work out?

Thank you.  That's good to know that in the case of a reprice for a lower cost, then they cancel and rebook.  Was also thinking of the scenario if we had to cancel just him, or even if all of us before final payment to ensure no charge.  Hopefully won't happen and most likely he's fine but we won't know for sure until we see his schedule.