Face masks when embarking/disembarking?

SJay

Hi. Does RC require face masks are worn when boarding or disembarking and at ports of call? (I don't object, just want to be prepped.)

Is it a set policy on all RC ships or country-specific? I'm sailing from Singapore, where I know the requirement to wear face masks on public transport was dropped on 13th Feb 2023.

Why not just pack some to take with you just in case you need them?  Best case scenario is you packed them, but don't need them.  Worst case scenario is that you didn't pack them and found out you needed them.

This is their guidance on masks in Singapore:

When, where and why I have to wear face mask? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

yep, local laws would dictate at port. Last cruise Royal left some in the rooms at those port if I remember. I found it was somewhat wishy washy though. There was no mention for our Jamaica stop, but there was a sign in the terminal (but it wasn't enforce). In one port (Columbia or Panama) it was worded in the daily compass along the lines of masks might not be mandatory, but local authorities could stop and challenge you at any time (Kind of took that as it's best to have one in your pocket)

I recommend wearing masks on and off the ship and in elevators.  On two of our last three trips, one of us has been sick at disembarkation (confirmed covid when we arrived home).  I hate to think what would have happened to others had we not worn masks.  Starting the cruise isn't so bad, assuming you are healthy, but I'd hate to get sick from someone else on Day 1!

It’s not just Covid. I got the cough whatever thing going around in December and now I’m good for 30 total cruise days after that. I guess I’ve built up some immunity. I saw people wearing masks on those cruises. I’m not sure if they’re sick or trying not to get sick. Doesn’t really matter at this point.