Last minute name change

dtrs20

we check into our cruise in about 14 hours but my 2nd guest, last minute literally a few hours ago, told us she can't go because of work. after 3 hours I found someone who would be willing but at that time I could not go and change my 2nd guest name. I tried calling and they said I can't change anything because the manifest was sent out already. am I able to change her name to my new guests' name at the ship through guest services? is there a fee? this was all very last minute and rushed. thanks !

We have a cruise in August on Quantum where, months ago, we booked three cabins, one for us, a second for one daughter and son-in-law and a third for the other daughter and her then-boyfriend.  A couple of weeks ago, that daughter broke up with her boyfriend...probably unlikely they get back together.  My daughter will likely invite one of her single friends--but which one depends on a lot of factors, so it may take some time. I called Royal and they told me to get them a replacement name three days prior to the cruise...But, yes, it's Homeland Security that requires a detailed manifest two days prior...