1st Time Cruiser- Liberty- Food and Drink Questions

horninco

We are cruising for the first time this June on Liberty.  We have four teens with traveling with my wife and I.  We are debating the various drink and coffee packages.  We are not alcohol drinkers so that's not a concern, but we are wondering what our drink options are outside of the restaurants.

Drinks

So if we are at the pool and we want a drink, our options are

1) pay for a waiter to bring us a drink, or get up and trek to windjammer for something? (juice, tea, etc) which I am assuming would be quite the haul?

2) buy a drink package and  get a drink from the waiter, do we pay the 18% gratuity on the drink? Or is that part of the package?  

3) If we buy the 15 coffee specialty cards, that would only be from the cafe promenade?

4) How successful are people in bringing on cases of water, soda, gatorade?

Food

1) Chops Grill any good on Liberty?  Sabor and Jade?

2) Any dining tips on this ship?

Thanks in advance

I'll help with a couple of things that I know and others can help with the rest.

Gratuities are included in the package.

Coffee cards are good at any venue that serves specialty coffees except Starbucks branded shops.

Bringing drinks on board seem to be hit or miss depending on who you talk to.

Chops is good across the board on all ships.

I like Chops. Jade is part of the Windjammer and included. I found Sabor enjoyable, but I personally wouldn't go back. 

The gratuity is included in the drink package. Also, it's not that far to go to the WJ. In addition, there are beverages available at the other dining venues. 

I love Sabor.  We have reviews of many specialty restaurants here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-restaurant-reviews  Look at the Freedom of the Seas reviews, they will be similar to what's on Liberty.

1 hour ago, horninco said:

1) pay for a waiter to bring us a drink, or get up and trek to windjammer for something? (juice, tea, etc) which I am assuming would be quite the haul?

2) buy a drink package and  get a drink from the waiter, do we pay the 18% gratuity on the drink? Or is that part of the package?  

3) If we buy the 15 coffee specialty cards, that would only be from the cafe promenade?

4) How successful are people in bringing on cases of water, soda, gatorade?

1). I don't think it's much of a haul.  There are more places than just Windjammer to get it.  If you are on the pool deck, it's the same deck as you.

2). When you buy a drink package, you will pay a service fee which covers gratuity. So when you order a drink later on with the drink package, your receipt will be $0.00 and gratuity is covered.

3). Cafe Promenade or any specialty restaurant or MDR that has specialty coffees. I think most of the time, it's from Cafe Promenade because of convenience.

4. Pack it in your carry-on luggage (i.e. you bring it onboard yourself) and employ the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, cruise-y said:

I just want to make sure I understand that things are the same as the last time I cruised on RCCL.  I.E. Coffee is free from Promenade and Windjammer.  Unless you want specialties.  Correct?  Thank you

Correct. There's a beverage station in Cafe Promenade and a 24 beverage station outside the Windjammer.