Portland Maine cruise terminal?

RCIfan1912

I'm trying to find the actual cruise terminal we will be docked on Liberty in Oct in Portland Maine. It's not on the invoice even. Anyway to find out this information? Perhaps someone knows. We have been there before on Explorer years ago and Anthem before the pandemic. I can picture the port we docked for Anthem but don't remember the name. Thanks for any help. 

It’ll be either the Maine State Pier or the Ocean Gateway Terminal.   Most likely the Ocean Gateway because it’s the new one. 

They’re close to each other….close enough that it doesn’t matter which you end up at.  While it’s the biggest city in Maine, Portland is still pretty small compared with other cities. 

On 2/5/2023 at 7:51 AM, teddy said:

It’ll be either the Maine State Pier or the Ocean Gateway Terminal.   Most likely the Ocean Gateway because it’s the new one. 

They’re close to each other….close enough that it doesn’t matter which you end up at.  While it’s the biggest city in Maine, Portland is still pretty small compared with other cities. 

Thank you, and after really digging around I think you are right, Ocean gateway Terminal. I'm pretty sure that is where we docked on Anthem a few years ago. Thank you again.

13 minutes ago, teddy said:

Yea…I call it the new one, but it’s relative.   I remember when the waterfront wasn’t as nice and inviting as it is now. 

Our plan was to take a excursion to LL Bean Freeport Maine and have lunch in Freeport. The excursion finally popped up last week and booked it immediately but doesn't leave till 1:00 o'clock which is too late for lunch on Freeport so plan is to now get lunch in Portland and then go to Freeport. 

15 minutes ago, teddy said:

And we’re on Anthem right now.  We’re really enjoying her.  It’s a new class of ship for us,  so it’s neat to explore like we’re new again. 

Absolutely LOVE Anthem! It honestly might be my favorite ship/class of ships. Booked on her for February 2024 to Coco Cay. We are huge fans, sailed get twice and coming up a third time. 

21 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Absolutely LOVE Anthem! It honestly might be my favorite ship/class of ships. Booked on her for February 2024 to Coco Cay. We are huge fans, sailed get twice and coming up a third time. 

We have another one booked on anthem for Feb 2024 (the 17th I think) with our middle son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters.  

On 2/5/2023 at 8:28 AM, teddy said:

We have another one booked on anthem for Feb 2024 (the 17th I think) with our middle son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters.  

Ah we are on just after then, Feb 25th 2024. Its an awesome ship. Love the indoor pool especially in the NE in the cool and cold months. Love 270! One of the coolest spaces on the sea, period. Nothing better than having breakfast there watching the ocean and engines churn. 

35 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Our plan was to take an excursion to LL Bean Freeport Maine and have lunch in Freeport. The excursion finally popped up last week and booked it immediately but doesn't leave till 1:00 o'clock which is too late for lunch on Freeport so plan is to now get lunch in Portland and then go to Freeport. 

Lots of food choices in the pier area.  

The area is called “The Old Port” and is very walkable.  

Unfortunately , in October the weather could be anything from sunny, warm, and beautiful to cold, wet, and miserable.   Fingers crossed for a beautiful week for you. 

On 2/5/2023 at 8:42 AM, teddy said:

Lots of food choices in the pier area.  

The area is called “The Old Port” and is very walkable.  

Unfortunately , in October the weather could be anything from sunny, warm, and beautiful to cold, wet, and miserable.   Fingers crossed for a beautiful week for you. 

Thank you, and weather is a toss up. Hoping for the best. A few years ago in Halifax and New Brunswick Canada in the fall it was unusually warm and we didn't have shorts or anything. All the locals kept saying how unusual the weather was. All tour guides said it too.