Formal Wear At Chefs Table

Soxfan1965

Here is the invitation you'll receive in your stateroom (or something similar)... mine from Odyssey back in FEB 2022.

Smart casual is fine as twangster mentioned above. Our group dressed up a bit toward formal (some actually wore tuxedos, I wore a suit), but it's not required as you can see below:

image.thumb.png.3edc1256bed0700e3b14a42ba8f6b4cb.png

If you're worried, here is Royal's definition ("suggestion") of each type of dress code:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/generic-onboard-dress-code

image.thumb.png.26780567c1394a2e688199e2e680a647.png

Knowing where the Chef's Table is on your ship may also help you decide what to where.  We have only done Chef's Table on Quantum and Oasis Class ships and they seem somewhat special.  Some of the ships have it in a different locations and it can be more casual.  

On Allure we booked Chef's Table on formal night so it was a suit for me.  It was a smaller group that night and in the other two parties the gentlemen wore sports coats.  The Allure has a pretty unique Chef's Table location, upper deck of the Diamond lounge overlooking the Boardwalk area, which adds to the felling of a special night/dining experience.      

I don't think Wonder had that separate room off the solarium (I remember Allure had the same room as Oasis). Royal confirmed it is normally hosted in the bistro on Wonder, but I'm hoping it's not this table in the middle of the bistro! This would be a no-go! Definitely not private and intimate!

1228894437_SolariumBistro.thumb.jpg.2e15baab08d42dbf191f299c44441d75.jpg

Odyssey held it in Chops Grille in a nice private room in the back of the restaurant (last FEB 2022)...

3ECBE7BC-B85E-4196-882C-522B2455A3CD.thumb.jpeg.a3d410053da78af8d4850ca67988f03f.jpeg

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'm hoping it's not this table in the middle of the bistro! This would be a no-go! Definitely not private and intimate!

1228894437_SolariumBistro.thumb.jpg.2e15baab08d42dbf191f299c44441d75.jpg

The CT on SY looks exactly like this one and is located in the Solarium Bistro.  We didn’t go but saw the table when we went to breakfast there.  I don’t care for that location/configuration either.

• Soxfan1965 changed the title to Formal Wear At Chefs Table