Shore Excursions for a 3 year-old?

Maggie M

We just booked our son's first cruise for next year...he'll be 2 months shy of turning 4 but still 3. They haven't opened up our excursions yet for our ports (Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, & Roatan) but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any age-appropriate RC excursions we could potentially book for him once they open?  How strict is Royal with ages...would they consider letting him go on a 4+ excursion since he'll be so close to that age or no?  Just wanting to set our expectations and I'd love to bring him off the ship with us - even if it is just for a beach day! 🙂  Thanks!

While not exactly RC excursions, I can make a couple recommendations.

Costa Maya - Book Maya Chan. It's a private beach "resort" that's all inclusive. It will be a great beach day. They have loads of sand toys for kids to play with, and plenty of things for the adults too. They provide transportation etc and everything that you need. My kids had a great time there. If you search through the blogs here, you will see they. are highly recommended. https://costamayabeachresort.com

For Roatan, I recommend https://www.boddentours.com/best-of-roatan. Book their private tour. We have used them multiple times. Kids under 5 are no charge. They have fully customizable trips. You can hold sloths! Their communication is great.

If you are concerned about traveling in cars with your little one, we have these travel booster seats. They are super convenient and have great reviews. My kids have outgrown them, so if this is something you are interested in, and you can't find one, reach out in a PM and I'm willing to mail out our unused ones.

One of our favorite memories is of our daughter (now 21yo) playing on the beach as a toddler at one of our ports in the Western Caribbean (I think it may have been Cozumel). She spent well over an hour filling a bucket up in the surf and pouring it into a hole she had dug on the beach. 🥰

At that age they are easy. I wouldn't spend a ton on anything fancy. A beach, the ocean, some sand toys, snacks, and something to drink and you are set. We tried to stick to something within walking distance or an excursion that had a bus, so we didn't have to worry about smaller vehicles and safety w/o a car seat.