Booked a Crown Loft Suite - Help!

mfsgcp

Bit the bullet and booked a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony for a March 2024 sailing out of Galveston.  My credit card is going to hate me but I wanted to do something big next year, and I think this scratches the itch nicely.  We sailed Harmony back in 2018 and the kids loved it.  They'll be 13 and 11 at the time of the cruise and my main question revolves around the drink package and how it relates to the Suite Lounge.  We're not the type of family that needs a drink or soda in their hands 24 hours a day.  That said, it's nice to have something to sip on in the room from time to time and when exploring the ship.  It seems that the Suite Lounge offers water, coffee, soda, and tea all day long to suite guests.  Would we be able to grab a soda and take it out of the lounge (either back to the room, or during a stroll down to the Promenade) or are those drinks supposed to be enjoyed in the lounge area only?  Similar question about coffee/latte...can we grab one in the morning and drink it on our balcony?  If I wanted a Diet Coke, could I take that back to the room?  I'm not completely against buying a single soda package to fill in some of the gaps, but if I can avoid it, I'm fine with saving a bit of $ too!

Second question relates to seating on the balcony.  It seems that the stock configuration is 2 loungers and a small table.  I know there's not a massive amount of room on the balcony in this room type, but if we wanted a couple smaller deck chairs so all 4 of us could be out there together, is that something the room steward would be able to provide?  If so, do we just let them know on day 1 or is that something that can be requested in advance?

I appreciate the help and advice!  We've done just the 1 cruise in the past and loved it!  Had another booked in 2020 but COVID had other ideas and tried again in 2022 but had a family emergency that derailed those plans.  Hoping 2024 and forward is trouble free!

They will allow you to take sodas, waters, coffee and teas with you.......especially if you tip. The alcohol will be at the discretion of the crew, sometimes the lounge is full so they will let you leave with your drink. Those beverages will be available 11am to 11pm, only in the lounge. Outside of the lounge you will pay a la carte or get a package. 

The chairs, you might want to let the suites concierge know ahead of time. You will receive you email between 5-7 days before you sail. Then you can also let your room steward know the first day.

I was on Harmony in September and from 11am-11pm beer and wine was also included. The happy hour in the evening will include cocktails. Can't remember the exact hours.

I was in a grand suite and there was a table with 2 chairs and 2 loungers on the balcony. I would think a crown loft suite would at least have that.

I've always had a drink package with a loft suite.  Okay, one time when I couldn't drink for medical reasons I had a loft suite with no drink package, but every other time I've been team DX.

If I want a drink, I want a drink.  I don't want to sit in theater waiting for a show to start and desire another drink only to think "darn, I can't run to deck 17 right now".  

If I'm on the suite sun deck and want something I don't want to run to the suite lounge for a drink.

If I'm spending money for a loft suite I'm usually inclined to say "Screw it.  I'm getting the DX so I enjoy the heck out of this cruise without thinking about every drink I think I might want in that moment of time somewhere on the ship AND on a Royal private destination should that itinerary include one". 

1 hour ago, amanalo217 said:

I was on Harmony in September and from 11am-11pm beer and wine was also included. The happy hour in the evening will include cocktails. Can't remember the exact hours.

I was in a grand suite and there was a table with 2 chairs and 2 loungers on the balcony. I would think a crown loft suite would at least have that.

Loft balcony has loungers only, no chairs and no table.  

Appreciate all the helpful responses!  And yeah, I think my wife and I are still inclined to get the drink package just for simplicity’s sake. Good to know that the kids can have a coke from time to time in the room though without running down to a freestyle machine and I can have my morning coffee on the balcony.  I’m sure I’ll be back with plenty of other questions that likely have obvious answers to all you seasoned pros so thanks in advance!

Saw that you posted you are considering the drink package.  Just adding if you tend towards mixed drinks probably a good choice, if you are more of beer and wine maybe not.

The coffee/specialty coffee machine in the suites lounge can be accessed and taken back to the room.  With beer, wine and soda available from the lounge pretty much all day, that leaves only mixed drinks and liquors.  The last CLS we did was our last cruise before Diamond and a Star Class cruise so we opted for no drinks package and never felt the need with what was available.