General travel requirements for entering foreign countries

D Alt

So some countries require additional travel requirements such as testing, visas, other travel authorizations and possibly fees.  This was true for Bermuda and seems also true for Barbados. Always check each country for their special travel requirements. 

My question is does and shouldn't RCL also advise their passengers of these requirements ahead of time? 

For Bermuda I think they did but very close to sailing. I have yet to get anything about Barbados which is for March.

19 minutes ago, D Alt said:

So some countries require additional travel requirements such as testing, visas, other travel authorizations and possibly fees.  This was true for Bermuda and seems also true for Barbados. Always check each country for their special travel requirements. 

My question is does and shouldn't RCL also advise their passengers of these requirements ahead of time? 

For Bermuda I think they did but very close to sailing. I have yet to get anything about Barbados which is for March.

RCL does publish guidance, but it is possible for it to change quickly.  When we traveled to Europe in the fall, Royal's guidance changed often, but they included a link to Spain sites for our departure out of Barcelona.

1 hour ago, KristiZ said:

As of right now there are no special requirements (visa or covid) for Americans going to Barbados.

no covid requirements or visa, but there is a travel form we have to fill out according to this.

https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2022  

I fly to Bridgetown a day and half before the cruise. 

2 hours ago, D Alt said:

no covid requirements or visa, but there is a travel form we have to fill out according to this.

https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2022  

I fly to Bridgetown a day and half before the cruise. 

Your airline should handle advising you of that kind of requirement, since they’re on the hook if they transport you without making sure you meet requirements. As far as Royal is concerned you just magically appeared at the ship at your assigned boarding time 🤣