Adjustment after final payment

Has anyone had any success adjusting their cruise rate or receiving OBC after making final payment? My sailing (Harmony 7/8/17) is paid in full, but it's about $400 less now. Any possibility of Royal doing something for me? A family member of mine who's on that same sailing had the same scenario and Royal gave them $300 in OBC. I understand the "rule", but there's no harm in trying.

I know you said your cruise is paid in full but is it after final payment date ?  If not you have a much better chance of making something good happen. If the final payment date has passed you would have to pay whatever cancellation fee applies so chances are it would not be profitable to reprice the cruise.  Beware that even if you are able to reprice to a lower amount you may lose whatever bonus you might have gotten (OBC for example).

Good luck !

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know you said your cruise is paid in full but is it after final payment date ?  If not you have a much better chance of making something good happen. If the final payment date has passed you would have to pay whatever cancellation fee applies so chances are it would not be profitable to reprice the cruise.  Beware that even if you are able to reprice to a lower amount you may lose whatever bonus you might have gotten (OBC for example).

Good luck !

Any benefit from paying in full before final payment date? Any downfall?

There's really no upside to paying in full before final payment date other than the satisfaction of knowing it's done.  I usually pay mine almost off, leaving a small final payment,

Once a cruise is paid in full it cannot be moved to a travel agent.  That's the only limitation that I am aware of but there could be others.

I have always been advised to never pay off your cruise in full prior to final payment.  I should specify....i always pay my final cruise payment at least a couple of days before final payment just to make sure it all gets credited properly, but never more than 10 days ahead of time.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have always been advised to never pay off your cruise in full prior to final payment.  I should specify....i always pay my final cruise payment at least a couple of days before final payment just to make sure it all gets credited properly, but never more than 10 days ahead of time.

Do you know the consequence if the final payment date is missed, even by a few hours when 95% of the cruise is paid for?

16 minutes ago, Spiegeje said:

Do you know the consequence if the final payment date is missed, even by a few hours when 95% of the cruise is paid for?

I know there is a possibility of getting an extension. I'm not sure how long the extension is for. My travel agent got one on my behalf because he thought I needed more time, but I was actually waiting for any possible promotions.