Grandeur

This is our first cruise.  I have not seen much posted about the Grandeur.  We are going out of Baltimore for a 10 day Western Caribbean excursion the end of Feb.  We did not want the extra cost of flying and It is only a few hours drive. I realize it is a smaller ship and older, should we be going on a different ship?  :unsure:

Thanks!

Hi, I personally think you should pick another ship esipically since this is your first cruise. That ship is really not a good representation of what Royal Caribbean is or has become. I went on a vision class ship in July and was disappointed. Why don't you consider going on Quantum? You can still drive to that because it leaves out of NJ and it is the newest and best ship royal has to offer. It will really give you a great representation of all things great about Royal. Now of course this is just my opinion and I am sure some people on here will disagree but I think newer is better

Going oh the Grandeur in a few weeks will be glad to let you know what I think when I get back.We heard a lot of bad reviews about another ship we were booked on last year and found that we were not sure what they were talking about because we had a great time. Search the boards for Grandeur of the Seas and see what you can find. Be aware some will find fault with most anything.

I dont think Grandeur is a bad ship by any means.  If I were brand new to cruising I think perhaps the other, larger classes of ships in Royal Caribbean's fleet might be a better choice but Grandeur since her refurbishment is in a better state.

I think generally people are happy with the ship and while I have not sailed on her myself, I wouldn't hesitate to try it out, especially given the price and not needing to fly to get there.

I was on the ship last year and liked it a lot - no its not new but it has some classic things

about it like the Great Gatsby dining room that is very nice - I think for a first cruise a mega ship would

be overwhelming - This one is easy to get around and has some of the newer features like

the Solarium Park Cafe that is nice.  Chops and Portofino are more intimate.  Its all about

you making the most of your trip!  email me if you have more questions.