MDR table confirmation e-mail....

ScottD

So I sent a request a few weeks ago to the dining staff email address, we originally said we were cool with sharing a table with others, but the more we thought about it-the more we thought it'd be better as just the three of us. So I asked for a private table, and if possible, a table near a window. They sent me an email last week confirming that they got the request. Then, much to my surprise, today they sent me an actual reservation, with the dining room number, and table number with all of our names. I know it's a major long shot, and I only have 2 weeks until I see in person, but I thought I'd ask all of you veteran cruisers...do you know how the table numbers work? or is  there a little seating chart anywhere? I know its a weird ask, but figured what the hell... lol.  We have table 902 in MDR 5. Either way, thought is was cool that they sent me a confirmation with all of that info before we board

13 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Table numbers are flexible depending on the size of parties on each cruise. There's no way to tell in advance where a particular table number will be located.

Yeah thats what I figured. At least I know I'm up on the top floor, good enough for me! 

3 hours ago, C.K. said:

Just curious what the email address is to make the dining requests?  Sounds like a very heads up move.  Nice!

rcldining@rccl.com 

I emailed requesting our friends in another cabin be seated with us each night. I had read the tip somewhere on reddit, just as a good idea to give them the opportunity to plan for a larger table. Got a response after a few weeks! 

This info is great…thanks!  We are taking our kids, spouses, and grandkids on Oasis in July for a family cruise and have 4 other relatives coming along…so 17 all together.  I am hoping to reserve 2 tables for our MDR seating.  I will shoot an email out maybe in late May or early June to this email.  We will see what happens. ☺️😉