Feb cruise out of Galveston

February is peak Winter Weather in Texas which means absolutely nothing.

The past two years we have had Arctic blast come through for a week or so that month but had mid 70's right before and right after. Heavy morning fog is not uncommon on the Gulf coast in late winter through spring however the Ships crews and Port Pilots seem to handle it pretty well. 

The best thing is to watch the extended forecast for your dates. We usually know when a blue northern is on it's way. Weather Underground's 10 day is what I use living in North Texas. and for my travel planning. 

I'm on Allure now. It was 60s at boarding and chilly outside that night. By the morning, I was wearing shorts but was still a little cool for the pool. By the afternoon, it was sunny and the pool was definitely in use.

This morning, day 3, was warm in the AM. We are definitely far enough south. Perfect cruise weather.

We cruised in February 2020 and 2022 from Galveston. Live blog posts are in my signature, but here are the weather highlights"

February 13 out of Galveston last year had snow on the drive down from Dallas. We had to put on sweaters when in the shaded part of the pool deck for sail away, but it was warm enough in the sun on the upper deck to shed that layer. Day 2 was about 65° F. Day 3 was still to cold for the pools in my opinion. Day 4, 5, and most of 6 were great warm, but around 4pm on the 6th day, you could definitely tell we were headed back into cooler territory. Day 7 was too cold for the pools. No weather issues when we arrived back in Galveston, just a little chilly. 

February 7, 2020 we had snow and ice, not in Houston, but in Dallas and Lubbock where all of our party was coming from. We moved up our drive and MIL's flight a day to miss that mess. I don't recall hearing about delays at the airports after the weather hit, but I'm sure there were some. Build in time for connections / cancellations if you are flying. It was warmer on day 1 on this cruise, but not by much - no sweaters, but we were all still in jeans in pictures. Seas got very rocky on this trip. We came back to 40° weather and fog. Debarkation was delayed, and we finally made it to our car about 11am. 

Yes, it can be warm in February in Texas too, but after two trips where the kids couldn't use the pools for a couple days, we decided we would push future spring trips to April. 

1 hour ago, cruisefam86 said:

How is the weather cruising in mid February out of Galveston? 

14 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

We cruised in February 2020 and 2022 from Galveston. Live blog posts are in my signature, but here are the weather highlights"

February 13 out of Galveston last year had snow on the drive down from Dallas. We had to put on sweaters when in the shaded part of the pool deck for sail away, but it was warm enough in the sun on the upper deck to shed that layer. Day 2 was about 65° F. Day 3 was still to cold for the pools in my opinion. Day 4, 5, and most of 6 were great warm, but around 4pm on the 6th day, you could definitely tell we were headed back into cooler territory. Day 7 was too cold for the pools. No weather issues when we arrived back in Galveston, just a little chilly. 

February 7, 2020 we had snow and ice, not in Houston, but in Dallas and Lubbock where all of our party was coming from. We moved up our drive and MIL's flight a day to miss that mess. I don't recall hearing about delays at the airports after the weather hit, but I'm sure there were some. Build in time for connections / cancellations if you are flying. It was warmer on day 1 on this cruise, but not by much - no sweaters, but we were all still in jeans in pictures. Seas got very rocky on this trip. We came back to 40° weather and fog. Debarkation was delayed, and we finally made it to our car about 11am. 

Yes, it can be warm in February in Texas too, but after two trips where the kids couldn't use the pools for a couple days, we decided we would push future spring trips to April. 

February Weather in Galveston Texas, United States. Daily high temperatures increase by 5°F, from 61°F to 66°F, rarely falling below 50°F or exceeding 73°F. Daily low temperatures increase by 5°F, from 50°F to 55°F, rarely falling below 39°F or exceeding 64°F.