Top 5 Cruiser Apps

These have been reviewed as some of the top 5 apps.  I have not tried them out yet, Anyone else have?

Stole this from another site.  ;)

1.  Ship Mate App - is often hailed as the number one app for cruisers and for good reason. The app has all you will

need to plan an amazing time onboard and off. Organize your cruise itinerary, daily excursions, deck maps and you can

even reach out to fellow cruisers through their roll call function.   Available for free on iTunes and Android. 

2.  Deck Director -app is for those cruises with absolutely no sense of direction.  Containing detailed maps of

decks plans from all ships in a variety of fleets. You will never be late for group dinners again.  iTunes $4.99.

3.  Cruise Guard Control - app is useful for keeping control of spending while sailing. Let's you create

expense categories, double check bills for accuracy and cost compare with past cruises.  iTunes $0.99.

4.  Cruise Camera - let's you virtually connect to daily cruise life through various webcams installed on

nearly 100 ships on a variety of cruise lines. Additionally the app gives you access to more than 150 port cams

around the world. iTunes $1.99.

5.  Sea Sickness -let's cruisers overcome the dreaded sea sickness while onboard. The health app let's ill cruisers

use the touch motion sensor to display a virtual shore line or horizon, which is thought to cure sea sickness.  There are

different shore line themes and users can switch from day view to night view.  iTunes  $.099.

Do any of the cruise lines offer their own? Would be a good idea if not. Would help to have compass accessible on the go.

Royal Caribbean does but their app in its current form is not great.  

For the compass, take a photo of the compass before you leave your stateroom and that way you can refer to it anytime you want.

• 1 month later...

Back onto the ship mate app.... I was just noticing that Navigator wasn't far from Galveston and it's Tuesday. With either itenerary the ship should be far away, more like by the Yucatan. Does anyone know if that apps map placement is accurate? I like to dream of where I would be right now if I were on her.