Ovation of the Seas (Hawaii to Vancouver)

Smithy6r3

Hi all,

We're looking into the 9 night cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver in April 2024 but am wondering about the 5 days crossing to Vancouver. We had an awful experience in Bay of Biscay before so am not fond of the idea of 5 days in the Pacific. Has anyone any experience of this crossing in April?? I know weather is unpredictable...

Trends indicate a shift to a coming El Niño phase in 2023.  If that lasts into 2024, which it should,  it could influence the Pacific in the early spring of 2024.  

In October 2019 the Pacific was flat all the way to Hawaii during the last El Niño phase.

Maybe I just got lucky.  Weather briefing from that October cruise:

(skip to 5 min. point for weather discussion)

Our family loves sea days even if the weather is not great.  Didn't mind the rough seas on the trans-Atlantic (impacted by Dorian and lost the Canadian Maritimes visit) or our other cruise in the North Atlantic and even had one ridiculously rough night out of Port Canaveral.  Our three cruises in the Pacific have been unbelievably smooth.   Just sharing that trends will help but there are outliers and you will never know exactly what you might experience.  good luck planning and have a good cruise.

I'm booked on the same cruise and am looking forward to the 5 consecutive sea days almost as much as the sights of Hawaii itself! Have never made this particular trip but I was on Ovation's sister Anthem in the north Atlantic for a fall NE/Canada cruise a few years ago and all I seem to hear about was about how unpredictable the North Atlantic could be in September/October but on our sailing it was possibly the smoothest cruise I've ever been on. 

If you're prone to sea-sickness be sure to pack meds and travel prepared.