First Time Cruiser and have questions about check in?

Magoody

There are 8 people in my household going on Wonder next month and we are spread across 3 rooms. I booked the cruise and have them linked to my sailing in the app. My check in opens tomorrow the 12th, do you have to go on at midnight to get the best port check in times?  Does 1 person from each room need to check in the people from that room or does everyone need to do their own check in, or can I do everyone? One person in our group is a minor and does not have a phone or internet access. Will we all be able to choose the same port check in time? Is it easier to do check in through the app or website? So sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I get this right since I have never cruised before. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Magoody said:

do you have to go on at midnight to get the best port check in times?

It can wait until the next morning. That's what I do.

Does 1 person from each room need to check in the people from that room or does everyone need to do their own check in, or can I do everyone?

You could do everyone by adding their reservations to your account.  In the app, after all your sailings are listed, there's an option to add other reservations.

After adding it, you can do their check in.

Is it easier to do check in through the app or website?

App

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Outside of snagging your check-in time without filling out the rest, I personally think it's easier to check in via the website.  But it's whatever an individual is more comfortable with.

Sorry, newbie here, I am confused on what you are saying. Are you saying you can just go in and get a check-in time and  fill out the rest later on the app or the website for all in my party?

16 hours ago, Magoody said:

Sorry, newbie here, I am confused on what you are saying. Are you saying you can just go in and get a check-in time and  fill out the rest later on the app or the website for all in my party?

Yes, in the app, you can go grab your check-in time for your reservation and any linked reservation you have, then go back at your convenience to fill out the contact info/passport info/etc on either the app or website.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, in the app, you can go grab your check-in time for your reservation and any linked reservation you have, then go back at your convenience to fill out the contact info/passport info/etc on either the app or website.

Thank you, It worked, I was able to grab an early check-in time this morning through the app for everyone. I will go in later to finish everything else.  

21 hours ago, Magoody said:

Do you do this through the app or the website?

I used the app.  However, the first time I was clicking on the wrong link.  My sister (in FL) and brother (in NV) were both doing the same thing.  After about 5 minutes of frustration, I found the right link.  I am sorry but I don't know what I did wrong or what I had to press to check in.