3 Night Dining Package - Making Reservations On App

Mike T

Hi all...Our check in for 2/25 sailing on Symphony opened today (done)....I got us checked in and it also opened up allowing to book shows.

My question is, I'd like to book our dining and we purchased the 3N dining package and it's currently sitting on night 2.  If i try to make reservations at one of the places, it's wanting to charge for it as if I was buying a single visit? 

Do I just need to wait until we board (as I have heard others say you HAVE to wait until boarding?  Obviously don't wanna miss out on our other 2 nights dining if reservations fill up.

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

With the packages you HAVE to wait until you board, that's the tradeoff for the discount. 

Ahhhh...thank you.  And we did get a smoking deal at $102!  Chops was $55, Chops + 1 was $85...so I thought $102 was really good! 😎  We really enjoyed Chops the previous 2 sailings on Freedom.

17 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

That's unfortunate, for sure. Maybe something you can mention in the survey at the end of your cruise and something you'd like to see in the future; the ability to book all your UDP nights via the app?

That's not a bad idea.  Thanks Maggie!

48 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

That's unfortunate, for sure. Maybe something you can mention in the survey at the end of your cruise and something you'd like to see in the future; the ability to book all your UDP nights via the app?

I think you can book them on the app, but not until you are on board.  That's the trade-off with any dining package - book on board for a discount or book in advance at full price.

7 hours ago, Maggie M said:

I can see why this is the way it is. To be honest it is not a change I would particularly look forward to. On the one hand it would be nice to prebook dinners, but the cost savings would no longer be available. 

18 hours ago, Maggie M said:

The price you pay for getting the reduced dining packages is you have to wait until onboard to book. The trade off for those making individual specialty dining reservations is a higher price but first shot at available dining times... You can't have your cake and eat it too....especially with the new menus..🤭