Buying drink package (then cancelling if cheaper) - for UK bookers

MoonMan81

14 hours ago, MoonMan81 said:

I've read a lot on here about the rules for UK people being different.  Is this the case for UK people buying packages, tours etc then cancelling/ rebooking if they come up cheaper, or does it work the same way as it does for US citizens (With no issues!)

Thanks, MM

Yes it does, have done this in the past, we in the UK can cancel and rebook items via the cruise planner, we just can't reprice the actual cruise fare.

Exactly what @Mike.ssays - done it for everything from drinks to dining to excursions and internet.

Just be aware that sometimes the refunds can take a while to appear on the card and usually is shown as 2 transactions e.g. a 3 night dining package may have cost a total of £220 when you first booked it for two people then cancelled and rebooked for say £198, but refund will actually show as 2 x £110. First time I did it I didn't realise and kept looking for an amount that was not there!

Always check when offers on as you can save considerable money at times. 

26 minutes ago, MoonMan81 said:

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.  I've noticed quite a few fluctuations in the prices already and I've only been monitoring them for a week or so!

Just ignore the claimed % discounts, they make no sense. One week the drinks package is more expensive with a claimed 30% discount than the following week when it only has 25%.