OBC questions

Question for the Group. We have A Star suite booked through Priceline and our onboard credit doesn't kick onto our account until 21 days before the cruise. We would like to book an excursion in Roatan, and haven't had any contact with our genie yet(to be expected 69days out yet). 

I'm guessing our best option is to book it before it sells out, once our OBC come into the account, Cancel and then rebook?

My on board credit from my TA showed up this week for my cruise in April. Of course, I made all of my pre-cruise purchases during the Black Friday sale and they are much more expensive now if I try to cancel and rebook. I'm sure I'll find some use for it on the ship 🤣

I am also supposed to get a dining credit from my TA. I have no idea how that works, how I would see it or when that would appear.

I think, even if you had contact with your genie I think you still wouldn't be able to access the OBC until the sail date.

As for booking now and rebooking, be aware that most of the shore excursion prices online are lower than onboard (by about 20%). Meaning if you book, cancel, rebook you will pay the onboard price. If you're okay with that, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do that once onboard at the shore excursion desk (just to make sure no one snipes your space from under you).

13 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Question please relating to OBC re: next cruise. I went ahead and booked my cruise within the deadline to keep perks, when will that Next Cruise OBC show up? If it's last minute I'll for go paying my gratuity early and use it against that on board. 

Next Cruise OBC bookings will show up within like...a week of making the reservation, especially if you are transferring it to a TA. You'll see them on the Cruise Planner page; a rather annoying pop-up will let you know how much you have available as soon as you go over to the Cruise Planner

• 10 months later...

We are seeing inconsistencies in how OBC is showing up once we're on the ship. I was always under the impression that if you did not spend the OBC in the Planner that it would show up on your stateroom account along with any OBC promised by your TA and shown on your invoice.  On our last cruise that did not happen and we believe we're short $50.  The other cabin in our party got both the Planner OBC and TA OBC in their account.  When we asked the TA to look into it the reply from RCL was that our C&A discount (Diamond level) cancelled out some portion of the OBC.  If true this was not communicated up front.  Has anyone experienced this type of issues with OBC?