Excursions/ Beaches in Puerto Costa Maya and Cozumel

Burberrybanker

I know Matt gets this question a lot and can’t find the right board that answers the question I am looking for.   Going to both ports in April 2023 and from what I can see RC hasn’t posted many things for Costa Maya.   Most likely would like a beach day this day if possible.   Besides going to the Pharmacy in Cozumel what are some of your top favorites?  

I have been to Cozumel before but it’s been a minute.  

At Costa Maya our favorite is Chacchoben, and we will see it again later this month.  The seaweed on the beach is a drawback for that area, but I don't know the latest conditions.  There has been a report about a resort at the end of Mahahual that offers snorkeling or fishing away from the beach.

At Cozumel, we've found the best excursions require a ferry ride to the mainland.  It is doable unless you are prone to sea sickness.

At Cozumel itself, we've tried horseback riding and snorkeling with mixed reviews.  A lot of people try a package at a local beach resort.

So i'd flip your itinerary and do the beach at Cozumel with a Mayan-type trip at Costa Maya.  Other threads have listed 3rd party vendors if Royal is too slow to populate excursions.  

6 hours ago, Burberrybanker said:

I know Matt gets this question a lot and can’t find the right board that answers the question I am looking for.   Going to both ports in April 2023 and from what I can see RC hasn’t posted many things for Costa Maya.   Most likely would like a beach day this day if possible.   Besides going to the Pharmacy in Cozumel what are some of your top favorites?  

I have been to Cozumel before but it’s been a minute.  

The pharmacy? Cozumel has some amazing beaches and all inclusive beach clubs. I wouldn’t bother taking a ferry trip to the mainland unless you absolutely have to see the Mayan ruins which IMHO are not all that impressive. I would prefer to drink Tacate beers at the beach club in between swims in the beautiful water to cool off. I’ve been to all the beach clubs but prefer both Paradise beach & Nachi Cocom. 

15 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The pharmacy? Cozumel has some amazing beaches and all inclusive beach clubs. I wouldn’t bother taking a ferry trip to the mainland unless you absolutely have to see the Mayan ruins which IMHO are not all that impressive. I would prefer to drink Tacate beers at the beach club in between swims in the beautiful water to cool off. I’ve been to all the beach clubs but prefer both Paradise beach & Nachi Cocom. 

To put my words into a picture:

4FF5537E-7FDE-4D25-9A56-0D34DDEF604C.jpeg

Been to Coz and CM numerous times. Kind of run out of things to do.

But we changed our minds about Costa Maya. Now going to Jaimie's Blue Reef for an all day inclusive beach day, and I've diving with the in house dive shop

In Cozumel pretty much doing the same thing through Mr. Sancho's.   Again, I'm diving through their in house dive shop.