Price drop refunds?

MAQ

7 hours ago, MAQ said:

I purchase a cruise in Nov for Dec expecting that if the price dropped I could get a credit back however was denied this when I called.  Has the policy changed?

I can't confirm any policy change, but I can certainly confirm you can still get OBC if the cruise fare drops.

One of the couples we're sailing with on our 1/7/23 sailing just called Royal this morning via their travel agent and they have been credited OBC (not a refund) due to the savings/price drop. This may be another example of when you don't get the answer you like, call again... it never hurts!

9 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I can't confirm any policy change, but I can certainly confirm you can still get OBC if the cruise fare drops.

One of the couples we're sailing with on our 1/7/23 sailing just called Royal this morning via their travel agent and they have been credited OBC (not a refund) due to the savings/price drop. This may be another example of when you don't get the answer you like, call again... it never hurts!

The policy changed May 2022.

For cruises booked after May 2022 there are no price drops after final payment due date.  

5 hours ago, twangster said:

The policy changed May 2022.

For cruises booked after May 2022 there are no price drops after final payment due date.  

Thank you for the details, definitely good to know going forward!  I guess the CS rep ignored the policy change... they booked our 1/7/23 cruise on 7/2/22 and just was awarded OBC.

Back in July, they were so excited that they booked the sailing and gave me a copy of the reservation confirmation to look over for them. I'm not familiar with their travel agency... not likely it makes a difference. Probably just connected with the "right" CS rep and this is a one off!

Booking.thumb.jpg.922abd7d7fd932964de7183d2b5730a2.jpg