Check-in timing

Sunny_D

Question regarding check-in: Do you need to check in within the first day of it becoming available in order to get the boarding time you want, or is there still decent availability days afterward? Is it like Southwest Airlines where you want to be clicking “check-in” the moment it comes available? We will be traveling for the holidays during the time our Feb sailing check-in will open up…just trying to determine if it’s worth it for me to remember to bring passports and take the extra time to do this while out of town, or if there will still be plenty of boarding times left a few days later when we get back home. Not sure if this matters or not, but we’ll be in a Sky class suite. Thanks!

Some people stay up all night just to make sure they get a decent boarding time.  However, my experience has been that I have been able to get a good boarding time, and more importantly, a good night sleep, if I just wait until the morning after.  If you are concerned about missing it, just bring your passport numbers, names, and expiration dates with you, you can enter them in on the app without the actual passport.  Finally, if it that much of a concern, you could consider getting the Key, which pretty much guarantees an early boarding time.

It is not nearly as horrible as Southwest but if you want the first available spot then lose a little sleep. If you want anything between 12-1pm you can wait and not worry. The Key and Suites can board earlier based on certain criteria. Suites can board an hour before or after their chosen time. Key members have a special lunch, so most ports have a dedicated line that gives them some priority.